network printer help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by northen, Apr 7, 2006.

1. northen macrumors member

Jan 8, 2005
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I have a Samsung CLP-550N laser printer installed on my network, which is a mixed ethernet and 802.11g network. It's attached to an ethernet port, as it has its own print server and an ethernet port :p It shows up on all computers as a `Bonjour` printer - but when I print to it (as a generic PostScript printer, with Bonjour) it stops all the jobs.

If I, however, guess its IP and install it as a LP or JetDirect printer, it prints fine (as a Generic PostScript printer). That's not really usable as (due to my routers DHCP, which is needed), it changes IP adress every two days or so.

Is there a way to make Bonjour printing work for this printer?
  2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I can't answer the Bonjour question but it may be possible to configure the printer's ethernet IP address to be static. This would also solve your problem I think
  3. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2003
    Most home routers allocate DHCP addresses in the range - Assuming that this is the same for your router you can simply allocate the printer a static IP address outside of this range, say

Then you simply use the printer control panel to set the printer to use this static IP along with setting the subnet mask (probably and gateway (probably You can find these values on the administration page for your router.