network question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bursty, Feb 15, 2004.

1. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

im running a LAN with my powerbook, and two PCs. I only share files between the powerbook and one of the PCs. I was transfering some files from the PC to my powerbook earlier, and then when i went to transfer more files, it says theres no shared files under the PC. I never touched any of the network settings on the PC. i cant figure out why it would all of the sudden say theres no shared files, i checked on the PC and it still has all the files in the shared folder.

The shared folder is still there, but it says theres no files in it, which there definitely is, according to the PC

please help!

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

is it that at the time you were transferring the files, other files in the shared folder on your pc were getting downloaded?
    Because for some reason,the network is not updated, even if i go back and reenter.. the best remedy for this is to mount the shared folder using smb in go menu..
    you can check that anyways ..open finder
    command-k
    then write
    smb://workgroupname;username@computername
    then press connect, it would ask for the password once..and take you to the shared folder on windows machine.
    note:username and password are for the windows account.
    hope it helps

3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Have you disconnected the network drive and reconnected? For some reason I have the same problem at work. And the reconnect takes care of it... It's weird.

4. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

how do i disconnect the network drive? do you mean physically disconnecting the PC from the network by pulling the cable out? or just diabling the drive somehow....maybe disabling its sharing capabilities?

i really dont understand whats goin on....it was working perfectly yesterday

5. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

6. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

ur welcome..and whenever u wanna update, just unmount the folder from your desktop and reconnect thru smb