Network storage advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by livingfortoday, Dec 28, 2005.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I'm looking to get a network storage enclosure... today. My question is as follows. I've found some pretty good one-drive enclosures, but I also found this pretty cool Netgear one that holds two drives for only $100:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1647989&CatId=0

Problem is, you apparently have to use their software to access it, and it's PC only. Does anyone know of any other multi-drive network enclosures in around the same price range?

If you know, lemme know by this afternoon, please!

Thanks!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

4. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

That is a pretty cool enclosure, but I really don't need most of the stuff it offers. I'd also prefer something with the ability to hold more than one hard drive. I want specifically to put in two 300GB drives that I'm eyeing right now.

Thanks, though.

5. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok upon further inspection, that is one totally wicked-awesome enclosure. I can't seem to find it in the States, though, or anything even remotely that cool. The printer sharing and the extra USB add-on is... wow.

Does anyone know of anything like that available in the States? Preferably not too pricey?

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

7. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Cool, thanks for your help. I ended up getting a Simpletech Simpleshare Network drive, which had about the same features. Let's ya hook up USB printers and other drives, which is pretty nifty.