Network troubles/Server issues, and more.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Plymouthbreezer, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

So, in the past few weeks, both my Macs have been giving me trouble. Here's a list of the issues (specs for the machines are in my sig):

1) No working Classic on my G4. (see this link; http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=135255)

2) TabletDriver "Unexpectedly Quits," Wacom mouse gets all slow, as does Ink.

3) Network issues. My internet is working fine (on both computers), but I can't connect to the other computer (G3 won't recognize to the G4; the G4 doesn't recognize the G3). In Finder, the server is ghosted. I have a router (wired) that's connected to my modem on my G4, and a CAT-5 running down to the G3. I have Sharing tuned on on the G3, but my G4 won't let me turn it on. I click "Start Sharing" and nothing happens even with the box (after clicking, it still says "Start Sharing," as if I didn't select it).

4) Finder freeze ups on the G4... Much more then a few weeks ago. My CPU is running at very high load (75% right now, with just Safari).

Memory usage seems a bit high too. However, if I open PS, iTunes, Safari, etc, I don't bog down the computer, so it's giving me conflicting "reports" per-say.

That's about it for now. I have tried Repairing Permissions, restarted at least 5 times, reset my router, and disconnected external devices (such as the Tablet). Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer