Networked Printer Nightmares

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean7512, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I want to start by saying that I have done a search, but couldn't find my answer.

Here is my situation, I have an Epson Stylus C62 printer hooked up via USB to our eMac. I want to be able to print from our 3 Windows XP computers (all running SP2). I have the network all set up, and file sharing works fine, just as it should. Here is where the problem comes in...I go into the Windows "Add a Printer" wizard, and the wizard sees the printer connected to my Mac. I select it, and continue on...I am told that the computer has the incorrect driver (duh, I need the Windows driver, not the Mac one) So I manually select it in Windows. I scroll down and find Epson Stylus C62, and the wizard confirms that setup is complete. Once I go to print, Windows says it is printing, but NOTHING comes out of the printer. I do not get any errors or anything, so I am clueless as what I'm doing wrong.

This morning I read on macosxhints.com that you should select the driver of an Apple LaserWriter printer, so I did. That sort of worked. If I print a word document (black text) it prints the whole doc in green! How can I fix this problem.

Note: Yes, Windows file sharing is enabled on my Mac, and the printer is set to share on the network. ALSO NOTE: The old setup had this exact printer connected to a Win XP machine, and the network printing worked flawlessly even from the Mac.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Dunno if it'll help, but try installing Bonjour for Windows on the PCs and then start from the beginning. It's meant to help with connecting Macs and PCs, and their peripherals. :)

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

It works better if you pick the postscript driver of the same brand. Not sure if there's an Epson one, but my families PC's use my HP connected to my Mac via the HP Postscript on Windows.

4. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That program worked perfectly!! Thanks soo much!!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew