Networking forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by trainguy77, Dec 25, 2005.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Would it be worth having a Networking forum for all types of network related Questions?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I don't think that is necessary because well you can just make guides for the network information and then everyone would just post a link as a reply to a question.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think it'd be a good idea...it seems lots of networking/airport questions come up that aren't entirely answered by the Guides, and that might require some working through. A lot of people don't know where to post them either.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The idea of a separate networking forums has been growing on me since the thread was started but I'm not sure if it's really worthwhile. We get quite a few AirPort questions but I think people would still post them in the other troubleshooting forums because they're not necessarily obviously networking issues. :)

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It could be called a Networking/Airport Discussion & Help forum. If we were stringent about directing people there and the mods were good with moving posts (as they have been historically) we could slip it in pretty easily.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's a good point. If it happens, I'd like AirPort to be in the name. :)

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It seems like a lot of airports went out for Christmas...there've been tons of airport questions tonight on the boards. :p Seems like a lot of the same questions are getting asked repeatedly though. Arg.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yep, search function is probably down...

Maybe it should be Networking and WiFi rather than Networking and AirPort, so as to account for all the other routers too. :)

9. MacEffects macrumors 6502

I'd agree, and being that Networking is such a large category, I'd imagine it would be quite useful for the MR members, and I'm sure even the newbies can figure were it is, and where to post.

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you think there aren't enough networking questions or do you think it'll lead to too many double threads when people aren't quite sure which forum to post in? Or is it something else entirely? :)

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

No where near enough networking threads to warrant a whole forum for it alone.

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think you mean "no where near enough different networking threads to warrant a whole forum for it alone". :p

14. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Can we reconsider this request now? The forums are being inundated with AEBS and wireless networking questions. Would just be nice to have one category for them all.

PS. I had this idea before too:)