Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlayerLac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Hey Guys,

I've been having some trouble trying to set up a network at home. It worked for a while and today I fiddled with port mapping in the Airport Admin Utility and something went wrong. I have two laptops, 1 powerbook g3 500 mhz and 1 powerbook g4 1.25 ghz. Both of these connect perfectly to my Graphite basestation and are able to connect to each other. Now I also have a iMac G3 350mhz. In the past my network has been set up like this : Graphite Basestation connected to a Linksys 5 port workgroup hub connected to my DSL modem. My iMac is also connected to the Linksys hub. In the past my IP's have been as follows. Powerbook g4(10.0.1.4), Powerbook g3(10.0.1.5), and iMac (10.0.1.6). However, after I restarted my basestation today the iMac wouldn't connect to the network anymore. Now the IP of the iMac show's up as (192.168.1.46). Is there anyway I could get my iMac back on the network again? What would I have to do to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
PlayerLac said:
Hey Guys,

I've been having some trouble trying to set up a network at home. It worked for a while and today I fiddled with port mapping in the Airport Admin Utility and something went wrong. I have two laptops, 1 powerbook g3 500 mhz and 1 powerbook g4 1.25 ghz. Both of these connect perfectly to my Graphite basestation and are able to connect to each other. Now I also have a iMac G3 350mhz. In the past my network has been set up like this : Graphite Basestation connected to a Linksys 5 port workgroup hub connected to my DSL modem. My iMac is also connected to the Linksys hub. In the past my IP's have been as follows. Powerbook g4(10.0.1.4), Powerbook g3(10.0.1.5), and iMac (10.0.1.6). However, after I restarted my basestation today the iMac wouldn't connect to the network anymore. Now the IP of the iMac show's up as (192.168.1.46). Is there anyway I could get my iMac back on the network again? What would I have to do to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Have you tried manually pointing the iMac to its former IP through your network settings in System Preferences?

PlayerLac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Well..I forgot to mention that I'm running OS9 therefore I don't have System Preferences, but I went to the TCP/IP control panel and tried to manually change the IP. When that didn't work out I reverted back to the "Use DHCP" setting and voila.. I'm back on the network. I don't know whether its just a system quirk or something, but hey, whatever works.

Thanks for your help,

Nick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.