Networking with a..... PC...(yes I said it)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by uspcommuter, Oct 6, 2005.

1. uspcommuter macrumors regular

Hey y'all,

I will be sharing my apt with my cousin for a few months (hopefully). We were considering how to share the internet connection (cable from comcast), and I realized that he has a PeeCee. :):sighs:: well you cant pick family :)). I currently have a iMac G3 running around the clock and he has an EMachine. Anyways, I have the following question to get a grasp of the things I need to get.

Should I go wireless or get an ethernet hub (what brand)?

If I go wireless, does anyone know where I can get the adapter for the airportcard except for ebay?

Also, any particular brand of cards (wired or wireless) I should use for the PeeCee?

Lastly, hows life like sharing a connection with a PeeCee? any word of advice and what software do you use to communicate between the two computers?

Thanks much.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think I might have an unused AirPort adaptor card at home from about 4 or 5 years ago! If you are in the UK and need it send my a PM...

3. untamedhysteria macrumors regular

untamedhysteria

or you can simply get a router, like a linksys router...maybe a wireless one...or get a dlink router...that way you both can be on the same internet connection without paying extra for another ip address..

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

5. uspcommuter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks people...I guess the question now is what brand of card do you recommend for the PeeCee?