Networking with Mac and an XP PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BlooGoo, Jul 29, 2006.

1. BlooGoo macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2006
    I have a PC desktop and a MacBook, and I want to retreive files from the desktop. I've connected/networked them fine, but I can't seem to be able to navigate into the "Program Files" or the "Documents and Settings" folders, and find files in there. All I get is a blank navigation screen. I can get files out of any other folders, but not those ones. Can anyone help me please?
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Did you share the whole C drive?

What I would say you should do is share only what you need to get to. Go to each of these folders on the PC and share them. Then use the Mac to connect to that particular share.

Another thing, it might be a slight bug in Samba, the Windows networking for the Mac. If you navigate to these folders, and they show up blank, hit the back button in the Finder window, then hit the forward button to go back into it. Then the files might show up. This happens sometimes with folders that have lots of files in them.
  3. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

Jun 27, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    yeah, i would say make sure the C drive is checked to share. and make sure the mac and pc have the same workgroup name