Networking

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Zeke, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Zeke macrumors 6502

I'm using panther on two separate machines and both have stopped seeing each other on the network and stopped being able to see windows computers as well. At first this worked perfectly but now I can't seem to figure out what's gone wrong. Anybody have this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

First of all, a little more info would be good. How are they connected together?

Second, go to System Preferences > Sharing. Make sure Personal File Sharing and Windows File Sharing are checked.

3. Zeke thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I thought by saying that they worked fine and then they stopped would demonstrate that file sharing was already enabled. So these are connected to a local ethernet network (at my house) and the laptop is connected to an ethernet network at work. The laptop sharing is enabled at work and its workgroup is correct. It worked fine and then all of a sudden (no change to OS) it stopped working. The problem may be completely with the laptop since I can't connect my desktop to anything else since it's at home. Not sure what to even try. Thanks again.