Never know what you have until...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Krizoitz, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Its too late! I've been really close with a girl for awhile now, and although we were interested in each other, I didn't get together with her cause I had some doubts about whether it would last. No reason, she is a fantastic girl, I think I was clinging tomy last relationship. To make a long story short I finally realized how much I liked her just as she started dating another guy. Talk about your bad timing. Moral of the story, take a second to re-examine your life once and awhile, otherwise you miss out on great things.

2. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    So are you saying then that your thoughts and actions are conducted at an impulsive level and by doing that you mercifully free yourself from the ravages of responsibilities that would otherwise be the key attributies to the direction of your existance?

Or are you saying that your a bit grumpy cos she's found someone better than you?

3. Krizoitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

No grumpy because I was too stupid to take the opportunity when I had the chance to start a relationship (not just a hook up, but something serious, i don't do the hook up thing). I don't blame her for finding someone, thats life. I blame myself for being dumb.

4. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Yeah, that's a bummer that one. But don't dwell, you're a bigger person for admitting how dumb you've been. And that's cool. I've lost a fair number of people but have absolutely nil regrets about being with the lass I'm with today. Hang ups are for schmucks:

I was chatting to a lady who works at a different location to myself about tattoos. I said that the shear permanency of them is something that people who have them don't really comprehend. She said that she had a permanent one on the base of her spine, a pattern about 7 inches wide and 3 tall, so pretty significant. I asked her what made her decide to have it and she said it was as rebellion to a guy from a relationship she had that went wrong. So if she marries someone, when they are 80 he is still going to be reminded of the guy that she fell out with when she was 23 every time he sees her butt.

Never EVER do anything like that. It'll make you look a real case of bitter tragedy for the rest of your life.

5. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Much like someone getting a tatoo of there lady friend's name on there arm :)

6. Krizoitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Lol, yeah I'm not gonna do anything like that. Mostly I just hope that someone will benefit from my mistakes.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

"only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
    - Pablo Picasso

8. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

crap. i've got a lot to do today, in that case. and it's already quarter past 10!

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

To be fair that seems to be the thinking of most people in the states currently suing somebody... ;)

As for the situation at hand; I would use it as a life lesson like many have suggested. I also suggest that if you value the friendship you can't let her current relationship with another guy eat at you. Either tell her how you feel or back off. Just don't sit there secretly pining for her.

Edit:... hyperactive send button

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Don't be too hard on your self Krizoitz. You were just being cautious. It may work out for both of you in the future. Just be patient. If she is not the one, then the next one may even be better.

11. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

nevertheless, it sucks. And I'm on a linear trajectory to be in the exact same position soon.

AWESOME!

12. Opteron macrumors 6502

Once I die, I'll no longer care. So putting stuff off is great.

Remember everythng you do will amount to nothing.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

How arrogant & lazy is that? The point is to illustrate that one should take life by storm & do the things matter most, rather than do nothing.

Your comment paints a negative portrait of what u stand for & your attitude.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I certainly hope that you are just joking. Otherwise you should talk to someone that you trust. A life is a precious thing.

15. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

As always, optimism is life's greatest gift. Thanks for using it!

Anyway, this one gave me a good laugh, but I do certainly hope you're kidding. I'm going to assume you are.