nevermind photoshop UB, im waiting for MAYA UB

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speakerwizard, Nov 15, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

So, is there many others out there desperately awaiting maya to go universal? im not hopeful for maya 8 but hopefully by 9, autodesk stated apple were helping them to convert maya to UB so i assume thats a definate for some point! apple should have bought it long ago before decreet. Anyway, its either maya UB or paralells with full 3D support, whatever comes 1st lol, i hate rebooting, and i use many apps (in osx) at once, so bootcamp sucks a bit. rant over, maybe i switched to intel a bit early lol, but that 24" iMac is SOOO hard to say no to lol.

for some interest : http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=14619

also :

Autodesk Media & Entertainment

“The Autodesk® Maya® team has worked closely with Apple to ensure that the industry’s leading product for 3D content creation takes advantage of advances in OS X and the Mac platform. We look forward to continuing to meet the needs of the creative Mac community, and providing native support for Intel-based Macs is an important element of our commitment.”

— Kevin Tureski, Director Product Development, Autodesk Media & Entertainment

2. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

come on, there must be some mac maya users on here, whats your thoughts? whats your plans for using maya until UB? thinking of switching (app or os?)

3. whyrichard macrumors 68000

sciarc architecture students are waiting too

Hey,

i'm an architecture grad student at sciarc, and many people in that community use maya for a wide variety of uses. modeling, dynamics, animation, rendering, diagraming, csfem, script writing, moremoremore. all the mac users are waiting. i've not even bothered with maya 7/8 on my macbook pro 2.0 w/2gigs ram. i'd use parallells with rhino, even without video support, for many things, but not maya.

maya 7 flies with bootcamp, however. i'm inpatient, so i've got redundant programs (cs2 suite, rhino, maya) in xppro/bootcamp as well as all the mac counterparts in osx. but i find myself being productive in bootcamp when i need fast workflow while accessing my mac files on my mac partition using macdrive and it works out pretty much just fine.

i hate windows, but i've put up with it only since studying architecture. i'll rejoice when i never need to use windows again! and the moment is near! but in the meantime, i think which windows program/intelmac solution you use depends on the type of work you do, and the sort of deadlines you have, as well as the patience you have with video lag/processing time vs computer user interface happiness.

r.