Neverwinter Nights anyone?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jun 17, 2005.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Just curious if any one here plays neverwinter nights? I also wanted to know what some of your guys favorites mods are for it.

One other thing is the premium modules Bioware has on their site doesn't say mac support , if i Download one will it work on my mac version of neverwinter nights?

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I have played the game. Too complex for me, though. I don't enjoy RPG's anyway.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I play it - though not much. I played it on and off for 2 years never beating the game so I started over last week with a halfling monk. But never personally played a mod.

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

You're really missing out. There's plenty of Great mods available. Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon-series, Elegia Eternum/Excrucio Eternum, A Harper's Tale, A Hunt Trought the Dark, The Paladin trilogy (Twilight, Midnight and, hopefully, soon Dawn), Penultima/Penultima ReRolled-series, and more. Most of those I've mentioned are getting old, but they're still good. All can be found at the Neverwinter Vault.

As for Premium modules, they're playable on OS X as long as you have at least version 1.65 of NWN (1.66 is the current version). Just get the Linux version of the module.
    Afaik, the reason Mac isn't mentioned is because of contract issues, so they cannot support it officially atm.

5. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Thats funny my favorite charcater was a halfling monk named Duccio. This just amuses me someone else made one too :) , Its sort of an inside joke with my friends. his famous line was "A superior man faced with adversity always perseveres..." and i said that alot in our campaign... lol really funny just had to be there...

6. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Thank you for your help.I thought thats what i had to do... what did you think of the witch premium mod? And do you think the new pirate one will be good?

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Ah, my monk is named Job Meaningful. I pulled that name right out my ass. I forget what I put in his Bio thingy. Some one-line thing so I could just play the game. Anyway, I'm still in Ch1 so I might post a screen latter. I'm wearing a BloodSallior outfit ;P

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I have 1.62....

Where, pre-tell, may I acquire 1.66?

9. Chris1127 macrumors newbie

10. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

You mean Witch's Wake? I haven't actually played throught the Premium version although I did play, and love, the original one. The only difference is that they've added music and VO, so it should be good.

Spent more time with Kingmaker, which was really nice. Hoping for a sequel there.

I do have high hopes for the new Pirate mod. Rob Bartel of Bioware is part of the design team, and he's the one who did Witch's Wake, plus one of the redeeming parts of the original NWN campaign (- in one of the chapters, your actions decide the fate of the people of some forgotten village). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be good. Depending on the price I'll probably buy it right away. :D

11. 7on macrumors 601

7on

here's my promise

Attached Files:

12. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Pirates of the Sword Coast is now available in the BioWare Store for $9.99.... Downloading it now :D

Also, if you've played Jade Empire and happened to like the music (I did); You can now buy the Soundtrack.

I'd just like to take the moment to say how much I like the current value of the NOK against the USD. It just make things soooo cheap. :D

13. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Anyone played Pirates of the Swords coast yet? Just wondering how it rates and if its worth picking up??? :confused:

14. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Anyone played Pirates of the Swords coast yet? Just wondering how it rates and if its worth picking up??? :confused:

15. 7on macrumors 601

7on

It looks good, though I'm still working on getting the expansions first. Kinda out of budget for luxury items since my external drive broke and since I have to buy food. And electricity. Man, not living with the parents sure does put a hinderance on my purchase of toys.