Neverwinter Nights Expansions Announced

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

MacSoft has finally announced official versions of both NWN expansions :)

Link!

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

My question is what the heck took them so long. Honestly I don't understand how this was a hard project. I allready have both expansions running on my Mac. How? You buy the PC versions, unzip a few files and manually install them. All it is is data files. So all they needed to do was write an installer. So what was the hold up? Sounds to me like it was the higher ups at Bioware. Heck the programmers that run the forums were happy when people posted info on how to get the expansions to work for Macintosh.

3. colinp macrumors member

Now Macsoft needs to announce the expansion for Civ 3. I would be so so so happy if they would release the damn expansion for it!

Noone would happen to know of a way to get the PC version of expansion to play on Mac, would they?

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Are the expansions worth it? I know with the recent patches I'm strewn with ads "Henchman inventory control only with the expansions!!!" Anyway, I know they basically offer more quests, but what else do they provide?

5. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

whats with people posting up news that featured on insidemacgames.com???? i mean we know about it, you dont have to POST about it again on the forums....

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

About freaking time, i say, but what about the Aurora Toolset, i want that on mac!

7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

How do you get the PC expansions to run on mac? I have NWN all on PC and if i could get it to run on mac without having to buy the same game again that would be kool. Please explain how to do or send me a link with directions please. One more thing will the PC core version of NWN run on mac or do i need to buy that so the expansions to work?

8. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I wonder whether they'll release a bundled original + expansions version. It would be good for new players :)

Edit: I asked MacSoft, and they said no.

9. GaseousPlatypus macrumors member

You need the original NWN for Mac in order to play, but you can use your PC expansions just fine.