Neverwinter Nights HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tejedado, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Tejedado macrumors newbie

I had to reformat my computer and i was on Chapter 3. Is there anyway i can start the game from this spot???!!!

HELP!!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

hmmmmm, I doubt it. Because you probably wouldn't like starting ch 3 with a level 1 character. There is a way though, I think. Something about starting a multiplayer game or something and saving it to the single player data or something. Then again I could be thinking of something else.

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I don't think so. Just take this as an opportunity to try out a new character class/race. It'll be fun!

4. Tejedado thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm

know what never thought of that.. Thanks!!

5. Tejedado thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe Not

too booring the play is the same thing over and over again. i don't know if i could do two chapters over and over. Soo is their a way to start at chapter 3 without starting from the beginning of the hole game????

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My computer needs a good cleanout, but I'm too scared to do it in case I forget to back up savegames etc. While I can't help with your problem, I find it's a good idea to go over each and every item in your Applications folder before formatting, and think about whether you could possibly need any kind of data or settings files. For example, I don't want to lose my Mail filters :eek:

7. Tejedado thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

So there is no way for me to start up from chapter 3??

that sucks. I guess i will not finish this game after all...I don't feel like going through the same stuff over again.

so if there is anyone out there that can help. Much appreciated

:) :) :) :) :) :)

8. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

Part of the coolness of Neverwinter Nights is that you can replay and do things a lot differently. There is often more than one way to solve any puzzle or quest. Or you could try again with a different alignment, although to be honest the alignment doesn't seem to matter much, you end up doing the same things anyway.

I've excited myself so much, I think I'm going to start playing again!

9. m.r.m. macrumors regular

always play the multiplayer game even if you´re on your own. you can export the character (it´s in a file called localvault) and use the save games. that way you can continue without missing a beat.

edit: at least this is the case on pc´s, but i don´t see why it should be any different on the mac.

10. Sauron's Master macrumors regular

Yes, there is certainly a way to access Chapter 3. Look in your Neverwinter Nights folder where there should be a file called nwnplayer.ini which you can open in any text editor. At the top of the file, under the line Game Options, paste in CODEWORD=hacktastic which will grant you access to any of the original campaign chapters. There is also a codeword for each of the campaign expansions but I don't think anyone needs them right now. Simply choose "New Game" and then the Neverwinter Nights campaign and finally "Create a New Character." As for the issue of having the proper level, you can download a custom module from the Nevewinter Vault (nwvault.ign.com) or you can use DebugMode to give yourself XP. In your NWN manual on page 171, there is a chart listing the experience points for each level. I believe that for Chapter 3, you should be around 12-14th level. Anyways, to give yourself levels, do this:

Press the ~ key on your keyboard. This should open up a line on top with < _ . Type in "DebugMode 1" without the quotes. It should return success. Then type in "dm_giveXP [x]" again without the quotes and with the experience you want/need in place of [x] . Then click on your player to select him to receive the XP and you should gain the experience. You're done now. Type in "DebugMode 0" to return to normal or else you'll see yellow squares in many areas.

EDIT: I just realized that there MAY be plot critical items you need for Chapter 3 and 4.
    *SPOILER*

The ring you would have gotten from Aribeth for romancing her is definitely gone which means you'll have to fight her eventually.

11. Sauron's Master macrumors regular

There is absolutely no need to do that. You can export in single player games as well. Go to options and then select Save Character. Through the workings of magic, your character has been saved to the localvault as a stored character.

12. m.r.m. macrumors regular

fair enough morgoth. i wasn´t sure since it has been such a long time. :)

13. Tejedado thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You

I would like to thanks everyone on their efforts to help me out on this.
    :)

I am currently playing the game i left off.

Thanks To All
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D