Neverwinter nights parent question

Discussion in 'Games' started by brobson, Mar 18, 2006.

1. brobson macrumors 6502

brobson

Can I really turn off gore and can my child really choose not to be a spellcaster?
    We are pretty conservative and dont want to start something that is not healthy for our 14 yr old.

If it's OK, where does anyone recommend I buy it?
    Brenda

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Whats wrong with a little spellcasting? Im pretty sure you can be just a ranger or soldier type if you want. I can't remember any gore in NWN but then I found it boring and only played it for a day or two.

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

As far as gore goes there isn't much found this review that details the violence levels here at mac guild..

4. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

Yeah you go at option and there a parental violence password thing...

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

So it is more okay to kill someone with a sword than with a spell?

May I point out that this is a videogame? If you find your child drawing strange runes on the floor and chanting over an open fire, you might want to worry a little. However, this is a videogame, if you do not approve of videogames, spells, blood and gore, and language, maybe you should lock your child in a closet and not let him out until he is 45.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

And will you let your child become a Horseman (or -woman) of the Apocalypse™ someday in the future? MR is counting on you. Shard and Mad Jew and I can't do this ourselves forever, you know! :eek: ;) :D

Seriously... though, my understanding of turning off gore is that the characters still slice each other up, but you don't see blood. So the violence is less graphic, but no less violent. FWIW. :eek: