Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'Games' started by iAmAzN, Feb 18, 2004.

1. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

Oct 3, 2002
    Golden, CO
    Anyone play it? It'd be great to play with other people :D
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I haven't played it since my computer crashed in the middle of saving my game (it corrupted the save and made me start over) :(

Needless to say, I now use a "double save" strategy with any game.
  3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Ok, so I have installed SoU and HoU and can play them just fine. My question is, if they didn't require any more work than an installer to put them on the Mac, why haven't they done it before now? What was the hold up? I just don't get it.
  4. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i'll play it as soon as i get a better computer to play it on :)

would also like to finish baldur's gate II unfortunately it keeps crashing on me at a certain spot!!! argh!!!
  5. Bartholomew macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2004
    I haven't played Neverwinter Nights, but I've thought about getting it sometime. I just finished Baldur's Gate 2 a month or so ago, after not playing it for ages. I'd like to get the expansion pack soon.
  6. wadetemp macrumors newbie

Apr 14, 2003
    buggy as hell

I've had the same experience as nermal. The game's very buggy. It's crashed once during saving, completely corrupting my save, crashed about 3 other times for no apparent reason, given me a black screen that can only be cleared by entering and exiting the game more times than I can count, and I've gotten stuck on walls and things a good deal. (Although there's a way to get out of that, and evidentally it happens on the Windows version too... it shouldn't be quite so common.)

It's fun, but you have to tolerate the issues. And save alot.
  7. iAmAzN thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 3, 2002
    Golden, CO
    yea sometimes i get stuck in between places. On the single player campaign, when i tried to get into "Spirit world", it froze loading it!! and i dont save often soooo guess what, i had to start from Port Llast again :(