New $10 Bill

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Macaddicttt, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

What do you guys think of the new $10 bill? I like the front a lot better than the old one, but I'm not too sure about the back.

Link

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Yeah the front looks nice but whats with the back? i guess thats the watermark mb?

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I like it. I especially like the "We the people" in the background.

But I still think they should ditch the paper dollar in favor of a $1 coin...

4. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i guess its ok...

personally ill wait for the rev b $10 ;)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I don't care what it looks like, as long as I can still spend it :D

6. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Still ugly. American money is so repugnant, I wonder who dreamt up the style (Grim Reaper?). Aussie bills are pretty cool though

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

8. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

moneys money...i could care less if it had alexander hamilton in a dress on it...as long as it is still woth 10 bucks!

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Soon, it's going to look like the Canadian ten dollar bill.

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

This would be especially fun at the strip clubs. "hey baby, pick up THIS stack of dollars without your hands!" :D

No, no way in hell would I want all of the coins floating around my pockets. It's bad enough when I lose quarters, then I'll just be losing dolalrs everywhere!

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Bleh - very uninspiring

And I wouldn't say its -colorful-

D

12. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Whatever you think about how American money looks, you can't deny that it has its strong points. No matter what bill you pick up, it looks distinctly American and you know exactly what amount it is just by glancing at it. Even if you can't read English, you know it's American. It's kind of nice to have a currency that is so unified. (Now if only they'd make all the bills these new colorful versions...)

I also really like that all the bills are the same size. Nothing annoys me more about foreign currency is bills of different sizes. You can't keep them all nice and straight in piles unless you separate the different bills.

13. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Won't that be a problem if you're blind? How could you know which bill you're holding?

Edit: Just checked a couple of norwegian ones. They seem to be the same size... weird. I seemed to remember that they differed somewhat.

14. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

You sure? I have some Norwegian bills in my wallet and they're different sizes. I remember being disappointed that they weren't all the same size.

As for if you're blind, I guess you just keep around someone you trust when you buy things? Or only use ones?

15. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I like that it's not just shades of green as the old is.

I like the looks of Canadian bills, and how they have quotes on the back.

Don't like how Canadian money is diff. sizes though, that's weird :p

16. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

D'oh! I must be going blind myself. I compared the 200 note with another 200. :eek:

They're indeed slightly different, as I remembered. It's not something that I mind much. Maybe I'm just used to it.

Maybe... But I figured since our coins are very different, which makes it easy for the blind to use them, it only made sense that the same applied to bills/notes. In my experience, it does make it easier to seperate them quickly (although nowadays I generally don't carry much of them).

17. candan9019 macrumors regular

They're all the same size, just taller than American bills.

Personally I like Canadian bills. I don't have to take all my money out of my wallet to see what I have, I just look at the colors.

18. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Well, I think this $10 is actually supposed to be colorful... once you see it in person. Remember the pictures of the new $50 and how it didn't look too colorful, but once you see them in person you release how purple they really are? I wouldn't excactly call our currency ugly...

I think this $10 is orange, with the neo-traditional peach coloring in the middle.

Now, $2 bills, Those are SWEET! Everyone should go to their banks and request them! Seriously... they are not collector bills anymore than $1s or $5s.

I think the message "We the People" is a subtle reminder of something to the current administration...

19. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I still like Bahamian bills best. I have a three-dollar bill from the Bahamas and it's my favorite.

U.S. bills may be safer from counterfeiters but they are borrrrrrrrring.

[​IMG]

20. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

They can't really change the US dollar too much. The US dollar is suppose to be the most stable type of currency in the world and mostly the one that is used in central banks around the world.

If the 'view' of the dollar change, the 'image' of the dollar would make it seem less stable and wreak havoc in foriegn exchange. Or so say the economist.

21. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

No thanks! I have enough change in my pocket as it is...

Speaking of change, I think they should get rid of the penny. That's a waste of pocket space! Just round prices off to the nearest 5 cents. It's not like you can buy anything for a penny. Even 'penny candy' costs more than that!

/end rant

22. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

Canadian bills are a bit taller, but among them, they are of slightly different lengths (by millimetres).

I also like the US $2 bill (I have one in a plastic bill-keeper thingie). It is the least "boring" (to use someone else's phrase) of the US currency.

23. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Yeah, for some reason I didn't really realize that Canadian bills were different sizes... guess I just wasn't observant enough.

I do know, though that they were a couple of mm too tall for my wallet.

24. firststrike101 macrumors member

I know the new Canadian bills have some brail embedded into them for the blind.