New 12" iBook, lcd bleeding?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mikesjo, Dec 4, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Hey guys, I've been reading up on here for a month already :). I just got my iBook last thursday and have noticed the LCD bleeding in the bottom left corner. It's whiter than the rest of the LCD. I have a dell 2005fpw and that thing doesn't bleed.

Should I call apple for a replacement? Do they send one free of charge?
    I'm loving the laptop otherwise! Gotta get some more ram for it later though, 512 isn't enough :(.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502

That doesn't sound normal. I'm not familiar with Apple's policies on this kinda thing, but I would call the store first and see if they can do a swap for you. Failing that, you may need to send it in for repair.

3. macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

They won't give you a new machine after a month, but they will repair it for you for sure. I had that happen on my Powerbook, and they took care of it. However, I had it done in Japan, and the support here is MUCH better than in America.

4. macrumors member

Don't accept a repair on a brand new computer. Request a replacement.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I took it to the mac authorized dealer at school and they said they'll order in a new lcd to replace the current one. So I said ok.

When I called apple yesterday, they were of no help at all, they said it's probably something wrong with your computer and I told him no, there's nothing wrong, it's the LCD. So since he was no use, I took it to the apple tech at school. Much better, got my name, phone #, and s/n and said he'll call me this week to come and replace the screen.

6. macrumors 68040

California

Let us know how it turns out. I am interested to find out if the "fit" of the new screen is as tight as the original -- or if there will be any laggy edges/hinge problems in new LCD replacement.