New 12'' iBook Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Doe, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Doe macrumors newbie

I got my sister a new iBook 12'' and I am setting it up right now. I think the screen has a problem with it. Where ever the screen is silver it gets green streaks that are about one pixel thick each. This doesn't happen on my 12'' PB. I dont think they are stuck pixels because when I move the window it only happens where there is silver. Maybe its the contrast setup. Any suggestions?

2. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

you got some bad pixels. Send it back.

3. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Doesn't sound right at all. Can you take it to a local Apple store? They should be able to swap it out for you on the spot if you are within the return/exchange period.

4. Doe thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it yesterday. Do I have to drive back to the Apple store or can I just send it in? I had to drive from Madison, WI to Milwaukee, WI to get it (1.5 hours each way), so I don't want to make the trip again. Who would want to spend another 30-35 dollars more on gas.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Give them a call and see what can be arranged. They should be pretty helpful. :)

6. Doe thread starter macrumors newbie

I talked to Apple care early this morning, they said all they could do is have me send it in and have them repair it or I could go back to the Apple store. He gave me some line that they aren't the same entity. I drove back to the Apple store and got a new iBook. I made sure I booted the new one up in the store this time. No dead or stuck pixels. :) I talked to the manager and he refunded me the gas money it cost me to drive there today too. :)

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wow. That was nice of them.

Glad it's all working properly now though. :)