1. AudioGuy1024 macrumors newbie

Im a long time reader, but first post.

I finally made the switch!!! I just bought the new 15" PB with 1.25 ghz, I am using it for Pro Tools and other laptop things,

I just wanted to give a positive post. I feel we only get to read the pissed off people that need to vent about there problem, which could influence our choice to buy.

So here is my post about the 15"
    dead pixels= 0!!!!!
    latch issues= 0!!!!!
    white spots=0!!!!!
    gap problem= its 1mm for christ sake!!!!!and i belive its intentional

in other words mine was perfect, so everyone out to buy one and is worried about the first run laptops... take a chance, I did and it should be ok, and remember most people don't take time to say how great somthing is, but they will be on a fourm in seconds if they have a problem to vent.

2. Prabz macrumors member

Dude, here's hoping that I'm just as lucky as you are, when I get my 15"!
    A silly question for you though...
    does your keyboard light up? It's just that I met a couple of people who just bought their AluPB (from the same store) and theirz doesn't light up. And I find that really odd. I checked the Apple website and they don't have any option to purchase one without it. Isn't it supposed to be a standard feature in the new models?
    Also, and this is an open question, does anyone know if there were any initial models of the aluPB that came without the backlit keys?

Prabz
    PS: I'm sure that these PBs I checked out were the Alu and not the painted Ti books. Now I'm all confused!

3. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

Only the 1.25 model comes with the illuminated keyboard. Its optional on the 1ghz but not standard.

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

The 15" 1ghz PowerBook has an option for the lighted keyboard, its not standard. The 17" has it standard, but the 12" does not have it at all.

5. Prabz macrumors member

I see...
    thanks for clarifying thirteenva. Cool! so that's one less thing for me to worry about...

Prabz:rolleyes: