new 15" Powerbook+2GB of RAM?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by kingcrowing, Dec 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I've read about issues with the new 15" PB having over 1GB of RAM... anyone know if it would work w/ 2x1GB sticks? anyone tried it? and I would be adding it myself with some ram from 18004memory, thanks.

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

AFAIK, the only issue is that the AirPort connection can get weird on you. It'll slow things down and then eventually disconnect itself, which speeds the system back up again. Do you plan on using AirPort? If so, then I imagine you'll be able to get a replacement if yours doesn't work and you're prompt in your request to Apple. :)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

well I'd def use airport all the time, I'm just debating between a 15", 17" or intel iBook, the 15" seems best, but its just got sooo many issues, I think im gonna get somethign else...

4. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe just wait until mid-January if possible to see what's new. :)

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

yeah, Im def gonna wait till MWSF (look at sig) they have the last Rev. 17" powerbook for $1999, thats very inticing!

6. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good point. :eek:

I'm doing the same, although I know I only need an iBook so that's already decided. :)

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

Im def gonna get an iBook if they are 13.3" WS, dual core intels @~25% faster than current iBook, 7hr battery life, and thinner for like $800 with edu discount, i'd def get that :D

8. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I think the new iBooks have a lot of potential. I reckon they'll be the biggest benefactors of the Intel switch. Fingers crossed. :p