New 15" Powerbook Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JeffHendr, Oct 28, 2003.

1. JeffHendr macrumors member

Nov 10, 2002
    Independence, MO
    I ordered a new 15" Powerbook 2 1/2 weeks ago after I found out that Apple won't replace my broken LCD on my TiBook. It was supposed to ship today (Apple actually told me over the phone that it would ship a few days early, but that didn't happen), but then today I got an e-mail informing me that shipping has been delayed due to "unforseen circumstances" until November 20. Is anyone else having similar troubles getting their Powerbooks?

In the mean time, I'm stuck using a piece of junk Dell notebook that I borrowed from my school's library. I have to return it in about a week, and then I will have no computer at all for school. Does anyone know a place other than the online Apple Store where I can get the educational discount with the 5400 80 GB hard drive and single 512 MB RAM chip?
  2. [CoRdOvA] macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2003
    i guess i have a similar issue.... i have been waiting 7 weeks now for my 15" pb... and still, no show. and i hope it comes before the 20th... im not usually an impatient person, but this is making me want to jus cancel my order and get another pc lappy. :mad: i havent had an actual excuse as to its whereabouts, all they told me was that it "shouldnt be too much longer now" and they said that 4 weeks ago :rolleyes: