New 23" ACD :D

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apfhex, Aug 22, 2006.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I know some people are tired of "hey I got my new toy wheeeee!" threads but I really do want to post about my new Cinema Display. I figure a positive post about one might be a benefit to someone.

Don't have my mac pro yet (shipping Sept 18th :mad: ) but my ACD just arrived this afternoon. It's GREAT. No dead pixels. It does however have what appears to be dust "under" the screen in one spot (a slightly darkened blotch, isn't a pixel) but not bad enough to bother with. I can't say if it has THE "pinkish hue" issue or not; it is more purple/pink compared to the CRT I was using, but it's close in color to my PowerBook's LCD, which always looked very slightly pinkish in direct comparison to the CRT I have. Haven't bothered to do any calibrating yet though. White's look solid white and if I fill the screen with 100% black it looks as black as if the screen weren't even on (however, there is a lot of sunlight coming into the room right now).

And boy is it BRIIIIIGHT. I had to turn it down. I assume it's one of the newer 700:1 models, but don't know how to confirm that.

Edit: added pic. Got my fx6021's today too. :) My desk's a mess until I get my Mac Pro.

Attached Files:

2. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Sweet, congratulations! My 20" cinema display is due for delivery tomorrow, and Mac Pro is listed as shipping on or before next Monday :) . No significant delay on my MP since the only customization I asked for was a RAM upgrade to 2GB. Glad to hear your initial impressions are great!

3. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

What is your serialnumer? Barefeats seems to know which serial number where the first ones with the new specs.

Besides, it should be good to know, since i've gone through 3 ACD 23"s already since I ordered it 2 weeks ago. All of them had image persistency, and the last one has 4 stuck green pixels.

4. seanf macrumors 6502

Use the Find by Serial Number function

Sean :)

5. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

After further testing it looks like I have some noticeable backlight bleeding (can't tell unless it's dark enough)... trying to decide if it's worth exchanging it since that appears to be the only major issue.

Oh, I looked up my SN and it was made week 28 (July).

6. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

BTW, can someone please tell me what the procedure is if I want to exchange it for another one? Do I have to call Apple support, or can I just run down to the Apple retail store? We only have a mini store in the area (no Genius bar or anything). If I wanted or had to do it by mail, will they pay for shipping, will they send a replacement before I send out the old one?