Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1878

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Hello guys,

I've just signed up to ask a simple question, has anyone here got the new 27 inch iMac in the UK?

I've ordered one through work on a salary sacrifice scheme and I received this email today:

Dear Sir/Madam: I last emailed you to advise that the new iMacs would be arriving in January and asked you to confirm you were happy to receive the new model that was closest to your original order.

As you may have seen in the press, Apple has had manufacturing issues with iMacs, and no 27” models have entered the UK as a result. A very small number of 21.5” models were shipped into Apple’s Stores just before Xmas but nothing in any quantity.

Your items were ordered when you placed your original order and, as we are an Apple Premium reseller, the products cannot be diverted to supply retailers or online shops in preference to us. When the goods do enter the UK they will come direct to our warehouse and we will notify you with a delivery date.

However at this stage, with no delivery date forthcoming from Apple, we must again ask you to confirm whether you are content to wait for your order from Apple, or whether you wish to cancels. If you do cancel we will also cancel any related Apple Care or software you have also ordered.

I realise you are already contributing from your salary and this must be very frustrating for you. If you do cancel any payments you have made will be refunded. Please let me know by return email. We will keep you informed and as soon as we have an update you will be mailed.
Thank you for your patience on this matter

I am pretty sure that people have received there iMac and are using them :confused:

hammonda1

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Similar story for me pre ordered the 27 inch on the 1st of November with Lets-Connect.

Initially given a delivery date of the 19th of December which was later changed to some time in January.

The latest is that Apple informs them they will be sent out by the 18th of January but most probably sooner.

PC World is showing them as being available on line from the 10th.

Regards

Smackersmith

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
I'm in a similar position too. I've ordered a 27inch 3.2 from computingscheme.

I received an email on the 12 December which said my order was processing which I think means my employer paid for the machine. I phoned them today and they said that they are waiting for stock, they did say that they've had one 27 sent out so it's just a matter of waiting.

OP, who are you getting your mac from?

Ben1878

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
I don't know just one that the NHS uses, think they are called employee choices.

themagicmonkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
HI

I am based in UK and ordered at apple.com 30th November and received mine on the 17th December.

An amazing piece of kit I must say

Thanks

Mike

BeejayUK

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Surrey Hills
HI

I am based in UK and ordered at apple.com 30th November and received mine on the 17th December.

An amazing piece of kit I must say

Thanks

Mike

Agreed and my 27" arrived well before Christmas. No complaints other than the lack of IR for my Remote - why Apple???

GeekBench gives 14,200+

b0redom

macrumors regular
May 4, 2007
I bought one from Apple.com. I am eligable for a corporate discount, but I was told that there are no current discounts on the new Macs. Presumably this is due to demand MASSIVELY outstripping supply at the moment.

For me, if I waited the saving would have been ~ 3% so I just bought online. I guess going salary sacrifice it's substantially higher, so probably worth waiting until stock levels are higher.

Ben1878

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Yeah its easily worth waiting for, I will end up saving around £300 off apples RRP :cool:

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
In my work (I didn't order a new one this year) but my colleague has been told to wait until Feb or they can cancel... Crazy delays considering the benefit plan kicked in around December!

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I am typing this on a 27" 2012 iMac with 680MX, in the UK, delivered in December.

"As you may have seen in the press, Apple has had manufacturing issues with iMacs, and no 27” models have entered the UK as a result. A very small number of 21.5” models were shipped into Apple’s Stores just before Xmas but nothing in any quantity."

That is just plain ********. There are many reports here on the forums of UK users taking delivery. They also have them in Apple retail stores.

lee27

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
UK

*Ordered 30th November:27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7,680MX 2GB,1TB Fusion Drive

*Shipped 12th December

*Received 17th December

:)

Last edited:

Jesusislord

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
I ordered my imac 27 inch today and said will be with me on the 11th of feb, will it really take that long :0( I am not much of a waiter and this is my first Mac computer so wetting my pants a little bit ;0)

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Ordered mine on the 8 Dec 2012 with CC and I still have not got it

so yes you have a wait but it coming down

Pootle69

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Ordered my 27" on day of release via applestore.co.uk and received December 21st in time for Christmas via UPS. Happy days!

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Got mine direct from Apple a week before Xmas - my first Mac and its absolutely amazing, well worth waiting for.

Don't know what your resellers talking about, loads of people have got them - if you look at the 27" UK & EU Delivery thread and you'll see there's over 3000 replies on there.

No matter how long you have to wait IMO I'd wait for the 27" to be delivered you won't be disappointed :D

As you may have seen in the press, Apple has had manufacturing issues with iMacs, and no 27” models have entered the UK as a result. A very small number of 21.5” models were shipped into Apple’s Stores just before Xmas but nothing in any quantity.

The facts are not true. Huge numbers of 27-in iMacs have been delivered in the UK, many arriving before Christmas. This reseller is either deliberately lying to you or is poorly informed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.