Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Just bought the new 30 second to mars cd and now it seems it won't copy to my itunes. Through the cd's software you can only import copy-protected .wmas that itunes wont have anything to do with. Any cracks to this or anything that someone knows about.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
just tryed it on my powerbook and it works fine.

first on my pc and no go. the wmas that it made wouldn't even work in media player, and I do have the newest version.

damn windows

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Well I got it to work since I have my powerbook. But what would I have had to do if that wasn't the case. This cd just can't be used with itunes without using a apple?

NicP

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
xli_ne said:
Well I got it to work since I have my powerbook. But what would I have had to do if that wasn't the case. This cd just can't be used with itunes without using a apple?

often the cd autoruns some "copy protection" software on windows, try holding down shift when you put your cd in the drive to disable autorun, or just disable it in the preferences

jackal5

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2005
xli_ne said:
Just bought the new 30 second to mars cd and now it seems it won't copy to my itunes. Through the cd's software you can only import copy-protected .wmas that itunes wont have anything to do with. Any cracks to this or anything that someone knows about.

This may sound silly, but you could always download a copy, then it's in mp3 format already. I've actually had that cd about 2 months before they released it; good stuff.

It's weird, I've had other CD's that say you can't copy it and bla bla bla, but then I put the disk in, and the files transfer into my Library no problem (in iTunes). You might also be able to put the CD in your computer and view the tracklist (in some format called .cdda or whatever) and see if you can copy those files then make mp3's of those? Don't know if that'll work, just tossing out ideas.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
jackal5 said:
You might also be able to put the CD in your computer and view the tracklist (in some format called .cdda or whatever) and see if you can copy those files then make mp3's of those? Don't know if that'll work, just tossing out ideas.

Dont think so. If I remember correctly, those .cda files are just small, few byte files that represent the tracks on the CD and copying them doesn't work. Now I think with OSX, Finder shows AIFF files to represent the tracks, and when you copy them off of the CD, it will rip the audio off the CD and encode to AIFF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.