Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadshift

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2011
L l r u d u d ~

Ack i turned this on my mistake and I can't figure out how to navigate my phone. How do I disable it?

Turning off head-tilt-detection while the touchscreen is disabled is easy, just tilt your head:

Left, Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, shake the phone. ;-)

gRF

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
I can imagine this feature will create lots of frustration in India...

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
No, he meant, like "seriously, you didn't even read the previous comments in this thread before you wrote that." Your post was pretty much written in auto-troll mode. Which is fine; the world really needs more kneejerk uninformed opinions, as there has been a terrible shortage of those in the Internet Age.

If Samsung copies, it's very bad indeed. If Apple copies, it's perfectly fine and innovative. Oh, and if someone disagrees, it's called trolling. Somehow I just don't get how your brains work sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009
It's for disabled people, has never been mentioned in marketing and is off by default...

Then what it is doing on the front page of this site positioned as a new feature.

Oh right, this is Mac[AnyTrollArticleForAdHits].com now, so really nothing new or unexpected going on here.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I just love you fanbois - makes life more interesting. If Samsung copies, it's very bad indeed. If Apple copies, it's perfectly fine and innovative. Oh, and if someone disagrees, it's called trolling. Somehow I just don't get how your brains work sometimes.

When you make a broad, unsupported statement like "Samsung invented <whatever> first" without even a hint of backing it up, you're likely to hear grumbling of "troll", since that's a favored tactic of trolls. A response of calling people "fanboi", while I'm sure is amusing to kids of a certain age, doesn't do anything to further your argument. If you'd said something like "Samsung introduced a variant of motion control in their phone first, fanbois" you'd have pretty much locked it up without a fight :D

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Then what it is doing on the front page of this site positioned as a new feature.

Oh right, this is Mac[AnyTrollArticleForAdHits].com now, so really nothing new or unexpected going on here.

While this feature only targets an insignificant proportion of iOS users, the tech behind it must be pretty complicated and could possibly indicate Apple is working on body/movement recognition as part of a bigger project. That's why I find it interesting personally. It could also be nothing at all, as with all rumors.

JonKlarstrom

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
This feature is bloody marvelous.

The head movement is just one more way to interact. There could also be switches in physical form, on the jaw or a big red button.

The thing I see as fantastic is that this feature (switch control) is on system level. Both in iOS and in OS X Mavericks. Until now, I believe, these features has always been third party plugins. Plugins which conflicts with the drivers from time to time. And only work in selected apps/programs.

Also this is one aspect to get access to the school market, where some has had to say no to apple since there students couldn't use their products.

But Apple has done this the year post-2010, and almost every solution used today is sort of the same as used in the 80's.

How they solved the switch control in OS X, looks truly amazing.

What's missing now is eye control, if they could crack that one in consumers price range.... well, the potential with this is much more then meets the eye.

And with the api to the speech engine... apps can dump the price $100 on the spot with no need to license an acepela voice for example.

If the text prediction, as seen in Mavericks, is possible to use in the iPad as well. Then there will be possible for small companies to make big apps with little resources. Ideas from frustrated users can be made, since apple now is unlocking much of the functionality that you had to have many experts to develop your self.

My son has cerebral palsy and uses his iPad for communication, before he had a Tobii C12. Around $10,000, 2 GB ram, 1,2 Ghz, windows computer, 4 hours of battery and heavy so my sons little wheelchair almost tipped over. So the iPad solved most of the problems, and iOS seems to with version 7 solve almost all of the problems that still are.

But that "shake to undo" sucks! Everytime the wheelchair hits a little bump in the ground. It acts as a windows update popup. All the time... Is it possible to turn of in iOS7?

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Everyone on here being a jerk and all of that and stuff should spend a day of their life in a sip-and-puff switch controlled wheelchair. You'll realize the immense value of adaptive technologies and switch controls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.