New ad: $250 starbucks giftcard?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by anubis, Apr 10, 2005.

1. anubis macrumors 6502a

I swear I just saw an ad on the forums for a $250 starbucks giftcard (one of those freeipod.com promotions/scams). Jesus, how much starbucks could a guy possibly consume?

Oh wait, that'll be enough to buy you what, 10 coffees from starbucks. My bad

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

So basically, in Vancouver that would provide one person with a days worth of coffee :p

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If that's true, then at least they are using that stuff for it's best use -- cleaning the south end of their body. ;)

However, adzoox is at least spouting off in the right direction on these ads...
    If somebody else comes up with ads that don't contain a bunch of this crap, people may run away from Google ADsense.

Edit: Unless you have a better idea on how to cover the revenue from Google ads... but it's still a lot less ads than some of the sites that have went insane with ads like MacOSRumors.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Hope the US$ hasn't tumbled that badly....

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

ACTUALLY... I'd be able to use that in about a month.

7. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

You could always buy some of the other stuff Starbucks sells. They have some really cool looking coffee pots and expresso machines. Or maybe a ton of mugs and thermoses (no clue what the plural of thermos is...anyone??)

8. Brian0523 macrumors member

This is B.S.

Yeah I clicked on that ad, and it's not a scam, but it's nearly impossible to collect on the $200 Starbucks card. First they make you sign up for 4 subscriptions to things like credit card offers, and then you have email this offer to 5 friends, and they must complete the 4 subscriptions before you can get your $200 Starbucks card.

Thanks but no thanks....It's BS if you ask me.

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Thermosae. Just kidding. I'm like 96.9% sure it's thermoses.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Apple's spellchecker accepts thermoses, and doesn't accept thermosae. Shouldn't it be thermosæ anyway? :p