New ad campaign...?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iGod, Jan 15, 2003.

1. iGod macrumors member

I was in the apple store late today (about 20 min after closing) and as I was leaving, I noticed store employees unfurling large new banners. I might be mistaken, and perhaps they were rolling up old banners that I hadn't noticed before, so this could be OLD NEWS, but I'll go ahead and describe them anyway - they had regular-looking iMacs on them with digital cameras (Sony, I think) next to them and it said "If you have one of these [cameras], You'll need one of these [iMac]" with a broken dotted line connecting the digital camera to the iMac. Dotted line...no cables...but a dotted line. Bluetooth? Or just a graphic design artifact to suggest potential connectivity (there was no mention of iPhoto or iLife on the poster though...so it does seem to be selling the actual iMac). New product announcement or mistaken iGod?

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

No...

The same ad is in macworld magazine.

It has a Canon digital camera and above it it says "If you have one of these", then there is a gray dotted line leading to an iMac saying "you'll need one of these"

3. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Sounds just like a billboard by my apt. The exception is that the text on it reads "They just click." Same concept, though.

Dan

4. cliffm macrumors member

cliffm

They were probably rolling them up. That ad has been running for several months now.

5. iGod thread starter macrumors member

If they were rolling them up, doesn't that mean that...something new is coming!

6. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Could be only a new ad campaign. The Switcher ads are tired. They aren't as effective as they used to be. Rumors suggested that a new campaign was on the way at MWSF. This is supported by the new PB AI commercials. I think these are buffer between switch ads and whatever comes next.

Dan

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well apple has some new cloth vertical banners they are making. ares are on order with keynote and ilife which we will have end of this week or early next. It is a 7 foot tall cloth banner, it has yao ming or however you spell it and vern standing right next to each other. they are alos holding there laptops. it is life size so the picture has them both shown to scale, and since they are shown to scale that means the powerbooks are as well. there is a picture of it on one of apples sales web sites. i will get it and post it, it is really cool.

iJon