New Adjustable Displays - Concept Designs?

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 13, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

2. macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

LoopRumors is totally on the spot on this one. Everyone knows that Apple actually thinks holy metal is the design of the future, and that's why they're putting it on their monitors.

3. macrumors member

LMAO!!

i jumped the gun on arn's thread with these but quickly realized their photoshopness. lol :D

4. macrumors regular

The exact same info was posted on July 11th in the comments of the OEM Pipeline Report at MacWhispers. Those mockups are hideous.

5. macrumors 6502a

jbomber

Seriously, but the G5's no beauty queen either. I guess that's why people are believing it...

6. macrumors member

bs

this is bs, defiantly not real, i saw this on spymac like a week ago, and that person claimed it was just their rendering.

7. macrumors member

Ok guys, i feel that these are fake and a waste of time. But having said that i have way to much free time at the moment so im gonna produce my own fake, looking the same but without the lcd screen part and to my own aspect ratio, ill keep ya posted.

8. macrumors member

I think i must have angered the gods when i said i had free time, since within minutes of starting i had to go out and do some stuff which took 1.5 hours. Anywho i have just started again and heres progress so far.

edit: updated the image, but i got boredand so it's a little sloppy and unfinished, but its proof of process, a little skewing and cloning and you can get good results.

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nice example - very nice indeed...;)

Definitely puts the matter to rest for me, even though I pretty much knew it was a mock up in the first place.

But your work shows that it wasn't even 3D just some photoshop.

D

10. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

What exactly does "adjustable" mean. More so than the iMac? Horizontal to vertical mode? Someone help explain.

11. macrumors member

Nobody knows the exact mechanism, but basically it should be more movable like the imac display.

12. Wes
    macrumors 68020

Wes

What a load of CRAP! Who does he expect to believe this? Is the ADC connector going to carry power and signal for all those ports? Is Apple going to put a new connector and make all the old screens obselete in new Macs? How dumb are those people...

13. macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

But who wouldn't trust a source named "****"?! I'm just thinking of all the four letter words LoopRumors could be concealing there... :rolleyes:

14. macrumors 6502a

macnews

Would be just like Apple to change the connector. I have a 17" and 20" flat panel and the ADC does not fit my 500Mhz G4 with something that looks like an ADC connector spot. They do fit nicely with my Quicksilver and MDD G4's but now I am stuck with a CRT on the older model or buying some special connector. I like the "all" in one type of connector with ADC but do they have to keep changing the plug?

15. macrumors member

LoopRumors doesn't hold much weight in my opinion... I mean, seriously, grabbing an image that's been around for a week, slapping your logo on it and posting it as info from a source doesn't make you a rumors site. am i wrong?? :confused:

16. macrumors 603

solvs

You're kidding right?

You should have a DVI port? What kind of video card do you have? You're right, they don't all have ADC. ADC is a connector based on DVI that also carries USB and power. You do have to buy a connector, but they aren't THAT expensive. It would fit just fine with that.

I'm sorry, but when you bought the monitors, didn't you know that? If you didn't, I am sorry, but it does specifically mention this on the specs. You could have just bought a Formac, or other type of monitor, with a DVI port. But if you buy a current Apple display, you have to either have ADC or a DVI to ADC connector.

Don't mean to be rude, but what are you complaining about?

17. macrumors 6502

What you need is this: Apple DVI to ADC Display Adapter

DVI doesn't carry the power to run the ADC monitors.

As an alternative, there are a couple video card upgrades that will give you an ADC port.

18. macrumors regular

Huh?

I don't think looprumors was saying that this is what it'll look like...
    they just throw up concept images with the description. So you can get an idea of what it MIGHT look like.

Nowhere does it say.... SPY images or anything.

19. macrumors regular

Really, how do they get power from the motherboard?

What are these video cards you speak of that will give adc to a computer with an AGP slot and no AGP power connector?

Thats awesome, i always thought it was possible, just connect it to the drive power connector... but the AGP power port is 28V

20. macrumors member

Re: Huh?

true, but they were presenting it as if it were original and/or exclusive material, ie - putting their logo on the display.

PS: they have just recently added a addendum to the 'rumor' saying: "NOTE: These images have been floating around the web since the weekend, and are widely believed to be Photoshopped, however, fun to look at nonetheless."

_"

21. macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Samsung has some intersting designs, now just imagine the stand was shaped more like the G5 handles and open in the front center (for the keyboard).

I think it could work

;)

Attached Files:

22. macrumors newbie

Check out Eyegonomic

If you want a monitor that fits very well (IMHO) next to the G5, check out the LCD's from eyegonomic http://www.eyegonomic.com/page.dsp?page=188

They have an awesome 24', but the rest is very nice as well!

23. macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Re: Check out Eyegonomic

those are SWEET !
    Do you know what the pricing and image quality is on those screens ?

24. macrumors 6502

Re: Check out Eyegonomic

I DO like the styles...

I DO NOT like the fact of only VGA connections...

- bert

25. macrumors newbie

In case you were wondering who "****" is maybe this can help:
    http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/comments.php?id=P153_0_4_0

Maybe the name is Jason, maybe not.