New Airport Extreme Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RobTuck, Feb 22, 2007.

1. RobTuck macrumors regular

Ok, ive had my new Airport Extreme for almost a week now, and im once again experiencing early adopter blues.

Here are my issues:

1. Internet connection keeps disconnecting. Now, this could just be an unfortunate coincidence, but my Netgear router has started dropping its internet connection at random moments since the AE has been connected. What could cause this?

2. Reading/Writing to the airport disk is much much slower than it should be, whether via wireless or wired connection.

3. Files on the airport disk have a size limit of 2Gb regardless of the format of the HD.

4. The AE reboots itself quite randomly.

Im really hoping for a firmware update very soon as this is really disappointing.

2. kenrobin macrumors regular

My problem has been with the availability of my hard drive through the AE failing intermittenly. This is probably the result of the AE rebooting itself randomly and frequently. One of the main reasons I bought the AE was to have a shared drive available to the machines on my network all the time. I've grown tired of having to reset the AE to get the drive to be recognized on my network so I've disconnected the drive from the AE. Hopefully a firmware upgrade will fix his problem but I'm not holding my breath.

3. logandzwon macrumors 6502a

New Airport Extreme is weak. I wish I had returned mine. I would not recomend it to anyone.