New Airport Update Confusion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaronb, Jan 26, 2007.

1. aaronb macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2006
    I am a little confused about the Airport update recently released. Is this update supposed to fix issues or is it one step into a full N-Wireless card?

Also, what does the rumor of paying $1.99 for an upgrade? Is that to give the N-drafts in C2D machines a completely legit N-wireless card? Or is it simply another upgrade when a better draft is released?
  2. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Just a fix of issues, not the n-upgrade.

Just as conjecture, only the first n-draft firmware will be a paid upgrade. After that, each revision to the draft (assuming it does not need new hardware) will be software revisions to already existing software, meaning they'll probably be free. No official word on that though.
  3. aaronb thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2006
    I see. So will the draft N-cards in the C2D be not quite as fast as the actual N-card when it is released later in the coming year?

Or does this upgrade put them both at the same speed/specs?
  4. e12a macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2006
    No, no...

The draft-N cards we have here will probably be upgraded in terms of firmware or software, bumping it to the final N revision.

and the airport update does connection issues at least...connected to a network now that i've never been able to, albeit at a very low signal.
  5. WICK3D macrumors member

Nov 1, 2006
    Monterrey, Mexico
    This update is only problems, now i cant logon to my wireless network.

Is there any way i can uninstall this update? :confused: