New Alliance Race

Discussion in 'Games' started by Josh396, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

2. neilg macrumors member

they ain't got no legs! How do they dance?

:)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

April Fools?

actually it's passed midday so if it is an April Fools then HA @ Blizzard.

4. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

The best part is this:

Treeform: Turns the wisp into a tree for 30 seconds. During this time, spirit is increased by 300. However, the wisp's chance to dodge or parry axes is reduced by 50%.

This really made me laugh.

6. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I'm ashamed to admit they actually had me going for a while (it was just past midnight so I was not in full April Fools Protective Mode yet), right up to where I saw the character creation screen and the customization choices:

• Color
    • Facial Hair

I was like, Blizzard had to be high coming up with this new race! What the Fuuuuuuuooooohhhh those bastids! :rolleyes:

8. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

one main reason this is obviously a fake is this. Blizzard put alot of hard work into making the armor look way kool and a wisp obviously show no armor. why even try and get your epic gear if you can't even see it. Sure it raises your stats but a big part of the epic appeal is how damn kool it looks. I vote this as a fake just like the pandaran express...

9. NerdBoy macrumors member

NerdBoy

The detonate ability would be kinda cool, but you die permanently!!! Couldn't you at least transfer your XP, armor, and stats to your new character? (I wish.) imagine, being a level 60 and just losing everything you've accomplished. I would be so mad....

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Is this really a discussion point? The only evidence you need is to look at the freaking calendar... :rolleyes:

11. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

definately a joke. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure that when Blizzard first released the news about the Panda hero in WC3 it was on/around April Fools and everyone was sure that was a joke. Lo and behold, a lil while later they announced it was true.
    With that said, I'm certain the wisp wont be the new alliance character. We'll find out at E3 (my guess) but perhaps they left us some clues with this joke. At the "fake" chose your character/class/type screen, the wisp background is a new background. maybe the actual new race will be using the same background? I think I can picture a furblog or something with that background.

12. NerdBoy macrumors member

NerdBoy

proved a prank

BTW, it is an april fools joke. If you go to the townhall on the Burning Crusade site, there is a question mark on the new alliance race.