New app bundled in Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anna, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Anna macrumors regular

I heard a rumour a few days a go that the a version of AppleWorks is going to be bundled with Panther and will be renamed to iWorks.The already 6-function app may also have an extra surprise for us all and include web page support - just like Claris HomePage did. This could very well prove to be that "one more surprise" that Apple are going to give us.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I sure hope so. AppleWorks is in need of an update, and MS Office is just too slow for me to use. And it doesnt have as many text styles.

Shouldn't this be in software, not hardware?

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Where did you hear this rumor, Anna? There have been plenty of rumors about AppleWorks replacements before, but we're all still waiting for real evidence. Usually, the new product is claimed to be named iWorks or Document.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

This would certainly be cool and the rumor mill of late has been saying that Apple is putting serious development time into iApps as well as Panther. Keep your fingers crossed and your toes to at this point.

5. macfreak2000 macrumors newbie

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I have the latest seed of Panther and there is no iWorks bundled with it. In fact, the only truly new application I've seen so far is FontBook (most of the other features you've seen are actually system preferences, and not applications, such as Exposé and FileVault).

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm.. that's not a bad idea to have a document creator that could link with .Mac. It would make webpage publishing for dummies quite powerful.

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Just because an App isn't bundled with the beta system has not basis in reality on whether or not it will part of it when it's released.

8. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Yea, I hope so! Then that should be an easy way to make webpages for .Mac, :-D

I'm still hoping for a Panther discount for us .Mac users ;)