New Apple Bugs??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applebum, Apr 22, 2006.

1. applebum macrumors 6502

So I was reading my news page over on yahoo when I saw this report about new Apple bugs - Here - and it appears all the bugs are in Safari. I am sure that Apple will patch these quickly but this statement from the guy that found the bugs -
    got me wondering. Is that statement a true assesment? Because there are bugs in Safari, does that mean there are flaws in Unix, or does this guy just have it out for OSX? Those of you with more knowledge, is this a fair statement?

Edit: As I read the article again, it does not say that all of the bugs are in Safari, but that is all they talk about. A total of 7 bugs, but they only mention Safari directly.

PS - I searched, but did not see this article discussed anywhere. If it is already in discussion, please move this to the proper thread.

2. Queso macrumors G4

I don't how he can blame the UNIX roots or stability of OSX for bugs in Safari, considering it's an application and not built into the OS at all.

Sounds like a Windows user who doesn't know the difference.

3. applebum thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea - that is what gets me. On one hand he is putting down the entire OS, but then he is only talking about 1 specific application. Maybe there are some bugs just in OSX that aren't mentioned in the article???

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I found this link through the article you sent -that should help explain what's going on... not that I fully understand all that code. Still, never expect journos to understand computers or write an honest report.

Every OS is bound to have vulnerabilities and with apple's increased visibility, I imagine we'll hear about more of them in the not so distant future.