New Apple Cinema Monitor 30" - WHEN??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zippo, May 31, 2006.

1. zippo macrumors newbie

This monitor is on market for 2 years already. Of course it is amazing monitor.

But is not it time to change it for something new? Do you have idea what could be substitution for this monitor? And how soon? :confused:

I am ready to buy it. But...maybe Apple announces next tuesday a brand new LCD monitor :eek: .

What do you think?? :)

merci...

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

the 30" is one if not the best one out there in the market , but the only updates we will see maybe are :

iSight built in
    price reduction

and not until WWDC when the new Mac's are shown off to the world

3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I have to agree. That's it. Maybe a 27" monitor (don't hold me on that), but other than that just an iSight (which will be optional).

4. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

That's actually a good idea, something in between the 23" and 30" is needed - IMO. ;)

5. regre7 macrumors 6502

I've looked at the ACMs, but the price tag has scared me off. If I ever get enough money to consider getting a 20+" display, I think I'd consider Dell (even though I despise them).

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Whatever they come out with, it needs to offer more connectors than just DVI-D. Ideally, it'll come with component, VGA, and HDMI inputs and be HDCP-compliant through the HDMI port.

7. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

27-incher..with what resolution?

Well, Dell will soon launch a 27-inch widescreen LCD, but its resolution will be 1920x1200--the same as Dell's 24-incher. Evidently the new model is for folks who complain that when they set their display to 100 dpi, "everything is too small."

8. iGary Guest

iGary

iSight does not play well with Windows. I don't see this happening since Apple already made the move to make their monitors PC-friendly with DVI.

9. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I just want a thinner display and a little price drop. I don't care for the iSight to be built in because I can't move it around the room. Also the current 30" has had a few updates in the quality of the display. I am about the buy the current 30" but I might wait until after WWDC, just to see if they do come out with something.

10. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

They updated the 30 incher a couple of weeks ago.

11. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

VGA and component is never going to happen as those are analog connections. Apple Displays are all-digital and will most probably stay that way -- no need for Apple to compete with HDTV manufacturers. HDMI&HDCP however are a possibility.

iSight is currently optional, you don't have to buy one.

Windows machines in general are lacking firewire, so there you go.

I hate this trend. What's the point in buying a 27-inch display that has same resolution than an otherwise comparable 24-inch display? It's not like 24-incher is too small. We have gone from the megahertz myth to an inch myth -- we want bigger numbers, not more functionality. Well, in general that is.