New Apple Commercial (Nine Inch Nails - Only)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TheT, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheT macrumors 6502

Well, I knew those guys love Apple, and it was great that they made their last singles available as GarageBand files, but I don't know about this... could be an Apple commercial as well :rolleyes:

Link

2. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

holy crap... that is so freaking cool. They have every detail from the strings on the ball swingy things to the glow around the power adapter on the Powerbook. I wonder what app they used to make it??

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

4. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I just can't see myself watching this clip on MTV without laughing out loud ;)

5. hob macrumors 68020

hob

I'm liking NIN more and more! Is this their actual music video? It's really good! I'd like to do something like this myself! (Film student n' all)

6. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Who else can say they have the laptop featured and used in a music video, that was so cool looking at matching the rest of the set!

I was at a radiohead concert last summer and the guitarist took off his guitar walked to the side stage woke up his sleeping powerbook and starting mixing the chords he had just played it was surreal. It was one month before switched and bought my Pb and i was stoked.

Cool link

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'd be more stoked just to see Radiohead live. *Envious glare* They are amazing!!!!!! Too bad iTMS doesn't have the ok to sell Radiohead songs. Sigh.

8. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

With all the mutual love, I wonder why Pretty Hate Machine has never made it to iTMS? :(

Maybe I should hunt on Amazon for a copy...I have the Head Like a Hole single, which has versions of the other singles on it, but there are some songs from that album I really miss....

And it is a very nice video. :)

10. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

haha, that was pretty cool!

I would like a higher res version to download though :(

11. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Start with NIN - Visuals. I think you'll find what you're looking for.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That would make for an awesome commercial. An amazing job. :cool:

13. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yeah, but now it's available in QuickTime format. :D

14. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Direct Link

IIRC, Fuse had its own little slot for this video...

15. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

16. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

sweetness...thank you.

Should have thought to scour the rest of the site! :rolleyes:

17. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I did a search for "Nine Inch Nails" before posting this, but guess what, that thread didn't mention that once. Of course I didn't search for NIN, the same way I wouldn't search for PB instead of PowerBook... oh, well. :rolleyes:

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Wow, that's really cool! Thanks to everyone for providing the subsequent links as well. :cool:

19. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Yea that comment came out kinda weird, I guess what I meant was the concert was surreal, and just that the Powerbook was used during it

20. spacefreak4 macrumors member

WOAH that was awesome. That is one of the most unique videos I've seen in a while. That, and the song is also really good. And the Powerbook tops it off...

21. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Yeah I'll agree with the masses here and say the video is fantastic. I cant really say the same about the song, as I'm a traditional NIN fan and the new album just seems a bit "NIN by numbers" - just a bunch of old riffs recycled. Some people seem to like it, and fair enough, just not my cup of tea (but in my opinion almost nothing could follow "The Fragile").

I did like the video for the "Hand That Feeds" as well, that was some interesting footage also.

Anyone know who directed the video? It was David Fincher. Whos he you might ask - he directed A Perfect Circles "Judith" video (another fantastic one). Oh and you might have also heard of the films he directed -"Seven" and "Fight Club". Oh, and little known fact - he was assistant cameraman: miniature and optical effects unit on Return of the Jedi (thanks imdb)!

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think I posted it in the last thread about this song, but it reminds me a lot of the demo tape version of Down In It that was on some of the singles... so that's a really old riff recycled! :eek:

23. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I knew everything you mentioned except this little fact - thanks for the trivia! :cool:

24. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Yeah, the common "search the forums first" posts we see a lot tend to miss the fact that Macrumors search functionality is, shall we say, sub-optimal.

It's amazing how hard it can be sometimes to find things you know have been talked about here. I usually end up doing the Google "site:forums.macrumors.com" thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.