New Apple Displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tomabarker, Jan 16, 2004.

1. tomabarker macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2004
    The Smoke
    Any rumours on new Apple displays??? I’m thinking of buying a G5 when the new models are announced at the end of the month and would like to buy the latest display at the same time. Anyone know what's in the pipeline at Apple???
  2. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2004
    No, but I wish I did, because I'm in the same situation as you! lol
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    There have been many rumors floating around lately about updates to the G5's and LCDs.....there is a good possibility of something coming out on the 20th - Tuesday :D

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Yeah 20th or the anniversary later that week.

I hope they do new keyboards and mice as well...
  5. agn macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2004
    I sure hope so.... :rolleyes:

it strikes me as an oddity, that Apple has the best swivel stand in the industry, the "neck" of the iMac, and their displays are in the same form factor of 4 years ago (or more), bland, lifeless and most of all static!
    A picture frame in our desk...

we (Apple needs...) need the concept of the iMac neck as a basis for a range of displays, perhaps in a brushed metal kinda way. that would be a attention grabber in the shops, and could attract more people to consider and buy Apple products (like iTunes and the HP iPod do....) and get the "feel" of the brand.

Why this hasn't been done before is puzzling...:confused: