New Apple Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by digitalrampage, Jun 2, 2002.

1. digitalrampage macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2001
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Guys,

Sitting here at my desk in an AppleCentre In Australia and I was just bought to the attention that the Apple Pro Mouse Black is no longer on apple part ordering lists.. (we tried to place an oder and it refused)

From my service position I have also noticed part 922-4203 Apple Pro Mouse has 0 in stock with no shipments expected any time soon!

Whats going on?

New mice are on there way????

Aslo to note, the White pro mouse has changed products codes (apparently)

2. theranch macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2002
    Atlantic City area

Sounds good....maybe that new two-button mouse is on it's way...?
  3. Eslyjah macrumors newbie

May 17, 2002

I'm predicting a bluetooth, multi-button mouse with scroll wheel.
  4. kishba macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2001
    Re: Prediction

even if they make a bluetooth mouse they will still need to allow others to order normal mice... i guess it will still be a corded mouse... maybe a cordless mouse will be a second option
  5. kishba macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2001
    ok, just for kicks i went and added all the apple mice (white/black) and keyboards (white/black) into my shopping cart... since when does it take 40 days for a black mouse to ship and everything else only 3 days?

i guess new mice are on the horizon... that or its hard to make black mice all of a sudden :)
  6. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

Jan 11, 2002
    Bay Area, Ca.
    I think apple is discontinuing the black hardware.

Funny when I got my black pro mouse replacement from apple it had a note that they were 'low on stock' on the invoice thingy. 256 left.

heh, I guess they really were. Such as life. They already discontinued the black pro speakers.
  7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Maybe Stevie is gonna announce a new mouse today! They have said he has an announcement to make!
  8. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    Heh... probably just Apple Aus screwing up again! :D
  9. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    As long as they don't replace it with a snow coloured thingy only...... Eww....... :p

I still much prefer the black/graphite Pro Keyboard/Pro mouse set up than the snow/white coloured versions.........

Maybe they're going the Ti colour..... now that'd be nice....... :D
  10. sluthy macrumors regular

May 13, 2002
    Bundaberg, Qld. Australia
    Damn straight! :D

The current towers are still using the black mouse/kb aren't they? How can they not be making them?
  11. boymerang macrumors member

May 24, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    my guess is because by mid-july they won't be making those anymore _either_.
  12. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2001
    I've said since January (before the dual gigs came out) that Apple would not do black mouse/keyboard because it doesn't match. The imac now has white, and it seems that Apple is going white/silver with their line up. Neither which goes with black (white/white, silver/silver, etc)

So if the new towers go white, then the white keyboard/mouse are done. But looking at the xServe, I'd have to say that Apple is probably going silver on the towers, so maybe a clear mouse/keyboard (no black or white) or a new mouse/keyboard but I don't think black.
  13. badtz macrumors member

May 2, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA.
    i've alwasy wondered if they'd do a silver colored keyboard/mouse :)
  14. Inhale420 macrumors regular

May 4, 2002
    umm silver white and black are all neutral and match with each other.
  15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    what I don't get then is that the new iMac & the eMac both use the new white Pro Mouse...

if Apple had a new mouse to release....why would they pull a stunt like that?

reminds me of the hockey puck mouse they pulled on everyone....they added it to every system...then pulled it after the first revision of the G4 tower...
  16. SilvorX macrumors 68000

May 24, 2002
    'Toba, Canada
    it would be neat to see a 2 button mouse by apple with a scroll wheel...but i love my 4 button (and scroll wheel) ms intellimouse optical since its the best mouse i ever used (even tho it dces on me on xp)...n the software better be also for mac or i'll be yelling alot/seeing if theres mac software for intellipoint out there (then)/just use the mouse that comes with the puter lol
  17. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    does anyone happen to know if this is happening in America too? cause it'd be cool if this isnt just an apple australia thing...

I'd like a new mouse and keyboard. they'd better put the power button back on the keyboard! I love that...dont want a bluetooth mouse.
  18. j763 macrumors 6502a

Nov 25, 2001
    Champaign, IL, USA
    dude, if an apple mouse did come out, it would be released in the US first. the comments about apple australia are just because they're pretty infamous for f*cking things up... u name it, they just can't do it right -- marketing, distribution, website, etc.etc.
  19. kishba macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2001
    i just checked the apple store again and the shipping estimate for a black pro mouse is down to 1-2 days.... looks like we got our hopes up for nothing... perhaps apple just decided to change product numbers for the fun of it

it was certainly a good and hopeful rumors... i'd love to see a bluetooth mouse or some other new input device standard on all new macs