New Apple PDA

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by applemacdude, Sep 6, 2002.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I expect that Apple will release a new PDA in the near future.... Maybe It will be called the.....?

2. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Re: New Apple PDA

it's never gonna happen so don't even think about it.

and if you want a good apple pda, then i recommend a newton mp 2100.:)

3. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

bahhhhhhhh too much apple pda talk :( i think after mw paris, ppl should stop talking bout an apple pda till like a few weeks b4 mwsf lol

5. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Re: wha ya mean

that the newton is good, or that there's no way in hell that they will make a pda?

if they do in fact do a pda, i will start a mac rumors public apology thread, exclusively to tell you that im sorry. then i will create a new username and start at newbie status all over again:D

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Re: wha ya mean

I'll tell you what....if Apple comes out with a pda (that's a PDA....not a phone/organizer but just a PDA) then I'll publicly admit that Steve Jobs is a total liar and I'll never trust him again.

7. saint macrumors regular

He didn't actually say there would be no Apple PDA in the future. He "downplayed" the possibility. But he could bring out any device, PDA or PDA-like and that would not make him a liar.

That said, I believe it is fairly unlikely at the moment.

But if they call it an iWalk I am going to jump off a cliff. That would be so embarrassing.

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Wait a sec...

I thought that I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs said that he would never have Apple release a PDA.

As for an iPhone, well inkwell is just to fine an example.;)

9. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    PDA's are dead...

I, for one, waisted my money on my Handspring Visor. I never use it.

The new thing is small phones that will take over PDA's work, as well as other tasks. These add on's, or built in's will prolly include a still and motion video camera, mp3 player, maybe a real time translator...........

10. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

11. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Newton Again?

<begin sarcasm>
    Why would they call it the "Newton Again"? That's a silly name.
    <end sarcasm>
    ;)

Gus

12. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I think a PDA is a much better idea than a phone. I'm happy with my sprint PCS cellular, and I'm not happy with my Palm Pilot. If Apple does come out with a PDA, it had better have a lite version of OS X, and not run the stupid Palm OS software.

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Say again...I didn't quite hear :p :D

14. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: Wait a sec...

>(P-Worm) I thought that I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs said that he would never have Apple release a PDA.

This was a while back.

15. void macrumors 6502

Hey eye, go get your flamethrower, were havin a BBQ.:D

16. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

AHHHHHHHHH. DUCK AND COVER! The apple PDA crap is back! Well i guess we can let you off cuz ur a newbie, but u better learn pretty quick that the two words Apple and PDA used in conjunction in the the hardware rumors section is a big no-no. We also cant have the idea spring back up after we had to kill it during the MWNY era.

17. reyesmac macrumors 6502

reyesmac

I dont want a PDA

I want an ibook that is a little smaller than the newton. Just take out the big screen, keyboard, and cd. Keep all the connections and ad a little floating pallete to make navigation easier in OS X. It would be like a Pocket PC but it would have the same power as the ibook because all the guts would be almost the same. Apple already has all the parts, the only problem is the price. So, right now even in the 21st century, the price on this kind of technology done right would be too high for the average user. Maybe they would do better to just make an iBook under a thousand. It would be slow for power users, but just fine for school.

18. BongHits macrumors regular

Re: New Apple PDA

it wont be strictly a pda...more of an all purpose device (pda, ipod, portable quicktime, some games, lo-qual photo, etc) all on a color screen.

19. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Re: Re: New Apple PDA

U sure know how to make the scorned apple pda myth seem pretty appealing with your "all in one" device. Maybe we could call it the all-in-wonder mac (hehe ripping off ATI is so great...)

20. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

I dont think so

I dont think that Apple will put out a PDA... I would like to see it happen.. but it wont. What I do think well happen is Apple will put out a next gen cell phone with PDA functions but will not go as fare as the trio or some other the other PDA/phones. It will be not much larger than the cell phones we have not.. but with a lot more features.

If it had a USB port on it and a terminal app that I can use to tip and use it as a mini console... I would buy 3 of them....

Maybe I sould just get a Sharp Zaurus... but I really want an Apple!

If Apple comes out with an iPhone... I will grap it up in a second!

-evildead

21. void macrumors 6502

I think they will just update the iPod with a bigger, color screen and some more features (earbud for iphone, stylus and inkwell). It would run OS X version 10.3 House Cat*(Small).
    Edit: eye, this is not a PDA, it is a better iPod.:D

*© G5orbust 2002

22. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

hey dude u stole my made up name for osx 10.3!!! Give me credit next time u call any OSX version house cat!

i got the posts to prove it too.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9924&highlight=panther

look at the last few posts. You'll see.

I posted it almost a full month ago too! 8/22/02 at 3:15 PM PST

23. void macrumors 6502

Sorry man. Great minds think alike. I just came up with that off the top of my head but i might as well give you credit

24. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

whoa u did. thats pretty cool. Guess i gotta give u creit also. Sry i came on so strong.

25. {1984} macrumors member

i think apple shouldnt even go near a pda, i think pdas will just die in a year or so... CELLPHONES are where the money i at...