New Apple Pro Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by gandalf55, May 31, 2001.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

hey that looks real!!!!!........

FAKE-any photoshop user could create that in about three minutes.

idiots-quit wasting time

3. macrumors newbie

New Keyboards & Mice

That Photoshopped image is pretty lame. Can you imagine having a keyboard that big? No, the new Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse will be Bluetooth-based peripherals.
    Most likely, the keyboard will still have the two USB ports on the sides so you can plug it into the tower to recharge. The mouse will probably have a USB adapter too, but only on one end of the connector cable. The other will have to be a smaller interface to conserve surface area on the mouse. Maybe they'll include a cradle for it instead of using a cable.
    This seems like the most plausable future for the Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse.
    See you all at Mac World in NYC.

-G

4. macrumors member

Good prototype, but it's a little big and that may not be what the apple PDA looks like.

5. macrumors newbie

1) That PDA is the underside of a pro mouse with a OS X screenshot in it

2) Why the heck would someone put a hotsync cradle on a keyboard????

6. macrumors member

Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago. It sounds improbable, but the concept, I think, is pretty cool. A few times I've had my visor hooked up to my mac, and someone walks by and the next thing I know, it is on the floor in pieces. A cable-less hotsync cradle would be really nice. But only if it could happen.

7. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

one more thing

i would like to know how many people actually would need a cradle attached to their keyboard???

especially since most mac users are students and professional graphics producers who have multiple machines..

8. macrumors 65816

evildead

Good Point

I would need 2 cradles and some way to use it with my Lap top...I know, I know... I have to use a PC sometimes for software development. And for my NT box at work. the Cradle would not be that usfull... bring back the IR port like my Bondi blue iMac. One that works with stuff that is...

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

agreed... if anything, it should be on or part of the main machine...

still... interesting concept.

arn

10. macrumors regular

Sour Apple

CANT ANYONE TAKE A JOKE..

All the pre macworld tension is getting to you people!!!!

Apple isnt going to release that keyboard so stop saying they are wasting your time.

If people didnt make these fake little pictures now-and-again everyone on this forum would be about as exciting as a Snow iMac.

Everyone likes to have weird and wonderful conceptions of what Apple will do next..

So just marvel at the people who waste there time making up these pictures for us, AND CONGRATULATE THEM for making ours days all a little bit more interesting!!!

Good work guys, keep it up! :) :) :)

11. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

it's all fine and dandy, but can't people do something with logical thinking once in a while??

12. macrumors 68030

mischief

go get layed

One of my favorite philosophers has always been Testicles. One of his favorite passtimes was masturbation, however it was his attitude that masturbatory fantasy should always contain the outrageous so the substance of real sex could be properly be appreciated by contrast with whimsical fantasy.

Chuckle, snort.......couldn't resist.

13. macrumors newbie

PDA

you can tell the PDA is just a screen shot from OSX pasted on to the back of a Pro Mouse.

14. macrumors newbie

ok.........

Mischief, you are just plain messed up.

15. macrumors 68030

mischief

thanx.

16. macrumors member

This discussion is pretty stupid now. But what I would like to see would be wireless peripherals. My mouse cable keeps getting wrapped around everything else on my desk and then my mouse won't leave a corner of the screen, etc.

17. macrumors 68030

mischief

wires suck

Yeah, nothing better than disentangling from peripheral cables to get up and use the John. not to mention the earlier reference to cable-yank. The problem is in the approach being taken: Who wants to change AA batteries in their mouse?

18. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

hey, if it means i've got a cordless optical mouse, then i'll change the batteries

19. macrumors newbie

I agree

Wow...I actually agree with monkey on this one......never thought I'd see the day.......

20. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i rule, sorry we got off to a bad start, i was in a bad mood, and i don't like seeing people be dumb

21. macrumors newbie

alright

It's all cool.

22. macrumors 6502

Read! all of the page.

Um if you just read the info bellow the pic. you notice that it says
    "This was concepted and conceived in the hopes that someone might find it to be an interesting and potentially useful hardware release. The Apple PDA was found on the internet and is not my creation."

23. macrumors newbie

Dream Mac Concept Pictures

Some incredibly talented artist created all these Dream Macs. These have been added to lots of websites claiming they are real.
    Check these out you'll be well entertained and Apple might want to use some of these. I particularly like the trashcan design.
    http://homepage.mac.com/benvp/

24. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Nice

All of the images are Nice!!!

25. macrumors newbie

even if its fake its ...

Nice,
    Try making it flip from under the keyboard
    or slide out from the side, removable, left hand sided,
    make the pda screen act like a track pad for the mac, while your typing phone number in the "Apple on screen PDA emulator " make the sync button a mouse clicker when you want ... use your imagination .