New Apple Site Design!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by G4scott, Apr 30, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

If any of you have gotten the April 29 Apple Store e-news, the design looks different than any of them have before. I think that it may be an implementation of a new design that Apple is planning to change to. They might be testing different stuff too...

2. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Hey, i didn't notice until you said something, but you're right.

It's looking a bit more GAP-ish every time they change somehting.

That's good, though.

3. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

the eMac logo and other texting looks new, I like it.

4. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

can someone forward me this e-mail with the new design?? i'd really like to see it

i actually don't like the text on the eMac pages

5. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

I was perusing some Apple developer news when I saw this ad for WWDC. I think there's a trend here towards this mod-looking sans serif, with the eMac and all.

They're going totally Wallpaper*, it seems. I think Apple's new white schema is really super nice...kinda Kubrik-esque. I like the way Apple is showing a sensitivity towards current interior, furniture, and architectural design trends. That's what makes me oogle over this company. They're so darn culturally conscious.

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Those green pictures look kinda like HP ads...

7. scott_meinzer macrumors newbie

OS X and Apple's Site

Refering to other discussion i saw somewhere else but cant find anymore.

If apple updates its site there is no way they will update osx apple kept saying aqua is the future blah, blah, blah. the defult look for os x will always be aqua or somethign to that matter.

But... i have a feeling apple might include about up to 20 diffrent looks kinda liek skins like they have the aqau and graphite now. So, if you dont like aqua yuo can switch it. But i think by the time we get to mac os 15 or somewhere in there we might get a new look dont expect it anytime soon.

/Scott Meinzer

8. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

They're converting all the e-Newsletters one by one... I'm subscribed to the Applo Store, iMac Update, Apple e-News, QuickTime News, ... and they're all converting to the new look, with less Aqua and more brushed metal.

k.

9. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

Macaddict.com has also changed their outlook, it looks like those pictures above, do they know something we don't?

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i barely noticed the change, and i was expecting it!

11. atodd macrumors member

That font is Helvetica Neue (pronounced Noi-ah), either Light or UltraLight. It comes with OS X.

I for one love this new look - emphasizes simplicity, like Apple's new computers, rather than bulging colours. I'd like to see if they incorporate this into the rest of their site.

I think metal is really cool.