New Apple Store Opening

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Texas04, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

New Apple Store opening in Houston!!! Whoohoo!! lol

Well im sittin in line here at the Apple Store and there arent that many people here sadly, its 8:34 and it opens at 10. Eyes on the free T-Shirts and 2100 dollar value prize in the drawing :).

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

and they let women drive now.

AND VOTE!! AHH!

:D:D

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Like.. three?

I dunno. I'll ask peter parker when he comes back over.

Hehehe.. I was just interviewed by the newspaper. I'm getting my picture taken later.

KT will be famous.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

KT is famous!

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha, indeed. iSaint is a suckup.

Katie, will you post a picture or scan of your photo? :D (And of course, whether or not you get a tshirt.)

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

3. You have 3 Apple Stores in Houston.

Sydney is (I think) the 2nd biggest city in the Southern Hemisphere (at 4.5 million) behind Sao Paolo. And all we have are official resellers.

I want an Apple Store. You'd think Apple wouldn't mind a flagship store with this outlook...
    [​IMG]

Just in there behind the Opera House would be perfect thanks Apple.

Have fun KT. If you win another Mac can you send it to me?

10. imacintel macrumors 68000

They are opening a AS in Calgary Canada:)

Woohoo! No more AAR!

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Yeah. He said that I should check for the article on tuesday.. there was also TV news.

I got 2 shirts. :D I went through the line twice... cheater.

One is getting probably sent to someone.
    don't worry. I'll let iSaint wash my shoes when I'm famous.:D

edit:
    chundles I forgot to add this but: they're opening another one in sugarland (houstonish)
    :D You can come over for the opening. It'll be fun. We ate donuts and played boggle at this one.. maybe next time it'll be scrabble and ...more donuts.

edit#2. because I'm tired and forgetful and tired:
    the clerks had been googling "memorial city mall apple store" and like phrases on the internets before it opened. I'm #2 for (memorial city mall apple store). Everyone already knew me. Clerks I'd never seen, sayin' "hey! I know you! You're on flickr!" and then came the old timers from the Galleria telling the new guys at the Memorial City: "This is the girl that won the PowerBook" and then "OH YEA! That was you! I heard about you!"
    People know of me before they meet me. Uh oh. :eek:

also the newspaper guy had about 2 pages of crud I said, while 1st in line (Razzmatazz) only had about 1/4 page of notes taken.. Maybe it's because I Was the first girl in line?
    I am soo not looking forward to the article-- it'll be embarrassing.. but I'm looking forward to it because... I'm a stupid nerd. Newspaper man offered to take me inside during the press tour, but he was joking... got my hopes up for nothing! :p

oh, how fun it was. :D:D

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You must be mistaken. ...It's Arkansas that doesn't have computers. :D

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Goodness gracious. Newspaper and the news?! And I can't believe that punk offered a tour and then backed out. Punk. But... you got two shirts. Come on, those employees must have remembered you, they were just being nice, huh? :p I know you want to get me an Apple camp shirt. :D

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

He was just pulling my leg.. after I described apple HQ as "willy wonka's chocolate factory" I think he saw just how HUGE of a nerdlinger I am. :)
    Now that I have TWO stores from which to get a shirt, I'll try to grab you one. :D

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I'll take that extra shirt for that remark!!!

;) :D

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Oh my gosh. You made that analogy?! *groan* :p Dunno, if the real Wonka factory was anything like either of the movies-- I'd have to say that's way cooler. And I'm not even a chocolate lover. You're on! That would totally kick butt!

17. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I was on 2 hours sleep... I bet there are going to be a lot of horrible analogies and quotes from KT to make fun of me.

I shouldn't be allowed around people.

here's my flickr set, FWIW. You can probably get to peterparker's or Loudestnoises's from mine, if you start clicking on junk.

18. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

19. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

w00t.. I'm already in line. ;)

20. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Yesterday I made my first visit to the Fifth Avenue store and spent five hours there (thought I'd stay for no more than two). It is quite an amazing showcase and now I am paying the price for standing so long. If they had a theatre area like Soho, it would be heavenly. Why be fussy ... still a great place to hang out. I wonder how many are there between midnight and 6 a.m. inasmuch as it is open 24/7.

21. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Did you pay any attention to where that Dell box came from?

22. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Glad to hear you had fun, I was meaning to ask you how the opening was (but I see you have had yourself marked as away, must have been to avoid getting a message from me :p ). Too bad Houston is a 4+ hour drive, that would have been a lot of fun. I honestly think Waco is worthy of an Apple Store. If one thinks about it, there isn't a place within two hours of here to purchase Apple gear, we have the Central Texas Marketplace which has brought some big shops to our area, maybe in a few years as population continues to go Apple will want to start an Apple store. Of course by then I will be in Austin, or San Francisco, or NYC, or Houston, or Dallas, or Chicago, or Boston, or some other large city where there are Apple stores.

But I am starting to hi-jack the thread... glad to hear you had a good time, and if the article appears online I would be glad to read it (because I am a dork who likes to read articles about Apple store openings).

23. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac