New Apple Stores for 2003?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Dont Hurt Me, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    I would like to know if there is anywhere you can go to see where Apple will be opening new Stores in the U.S for 2003. Yes i have been to their web site but could not find anything such as we will be opening stores here and there. Pretty much they just show where current stores are. I am in South Carolina and they show no stores for the state and am not surprised since we are usually the last place to get anything?Any ideas?
  2. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    Re: New Apple Stores for 2003?

You might actually be considered lucky. At least you have the Atlanta and Durham stores in neighboring states. Think about the people in Montana who have no Apple Stores.

But then again, you could also think about the people in Southern California or the Northeast.

I think you are right though, and I hope Apple will create more stores in places that don't already have ones nearby.
  3. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

Dec 7, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I feel your pain. I'm also in SC - about 5 hours away from Lenox Square in Atlanta and 5 hours away from the Tri-Cities in NC.

Apple really doesn't have a significant presence in this state...which is both a reason for and against opening up a store here.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. At least Greenville has a CompUSA. But that's still a few hours away from me.
  4. starsaber13 macrumors member

Feb 1, 2003
    I fell the pain two.

Here in Newport Tennessee there are no Apple stores or anything near that sells apple products for around about 300 miles away.
  5. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2002
    what about one in Pittsburgh?

I can't belive apple didn't open a Store in Pittsburgh. They opened a new Development/Research Center in Pittsburgh. I am assuming an Apple store is coming soon as well.
  6. Longchamp macrumors newbie

Feb 1, 2003
    what about poor Canada? we don't have an APple store in Canada at all! :confused:
  7. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    Ummmm...Apple already opened two new Apple Stores in in Pasadena California and the other in Highland Park Texas (correct me if i'm wrong). Usually Apple doesn't really tell you but then if you search on for jobs at apple stores, you'll discover that Apple's planning on opening stores in Santa Monica CA, Bellevue WA and somewhere in Hawaii among others.

Also, Apple's opening stores where a lot of people are very likely to buy Macs (and have the money) so if you live somewhere far away from any major cities, the chances of Apple opening a store are almost zero.
  8. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    go to and click on the "Find a job" link or something like that. That shows all positions waiting to be filled, even for stores that haven't been built yet, like Walnut Creek and Burlingame.