Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excommie

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2009
My apple TV works fine 80% of the time, but once in a while after starting it up, it does not automatically join my WiFi network. At this point in need to search for a network, enter my WEP password, then it works fine. This can be very annoying. Anyone else has a similar problem? I'm using Apple Wireless Extreme Router. Signal strength is not an issue.

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
I only had to enter my wireless password the first time (during setup) and ever since it has joined automatically with no issue.

You might try power cycling the AEBS and the ATV, and see how it behaves after that. If it is still an issue I would probably first try restoring the ATV to factory defaults, and then set it up again. If that didn't work I would be inclined to do a hard reset of the airport extreme and set it up again. Of course I know this can be annoying, so before doing this you might check with Apple first to see if they have any thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.