New Apple Update available!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Falleron, Dec 5, 2002.

1. macrumors 68000

Falleron

Hi

A new apple update is available from the software update control panel. It is for "Carbon Sound Manager Update".

By the way, how do we submit a feature like this so it can be displayed on the front page?

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 68030

medea

thanks for the heads up, but what programs utilize the carbon sound manager?
    Oh and I think this probably shouldnt be a current event because it's not really a "news" story. perhaps the general mac discussion would be a better place for it?

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You can always submit it, but it won't necessarilly make it to the front page. If you really want to have it discussed, something like this should go to the General Mac Discussion and if Arn thinks its worthy, he'll move it to the front page. It happens once in a while.

D

5. macrumors 6502a

Will it fix usb audio problems?

Will it fix usb audio problems? These problems have plagued jaguar, usb audio has pops and click, apple has been workin gon a fix, is this it?

6. Moderator emeritus

It seems that the audio throughput is faster. I'm wondering if the audio input is cleaner. Where is tjwett? He was the one having all the problems getting clean audio into Mac OS X.

7. macrumors 6502a

springscansing

WHOAHOAHOA Any chance on running OS 9 audio apps in OS X?!??!

Proally not, huh. heh

8. macrumors 6502

I beleve iTunes is a Carbon app, and I Know IE is carbon too, Im guessing any carbon app with sound uses it.

9. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

It works! Although it's a slight change, it is noticable. The sound seems to be able to go two or three notches higher without breaking up sound. :D :D

BTW, I tested it in iTunes.

irmongoose