Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The new Apple Watch bands that were introduced at Monday's "Let Us Loop You In" event are now available for personal pickup from Apple's online store, letting prospective buyers check in-store stock levels and arrange for in-store pickup after purchasing online.

Apple has been selling the new Apple Watch bands in retail stores since earlier this week, but prior to today, there was no way to know if a particular store had a specific band available for purchase.

applewatchpersonalpickup-800x471.jpg

Many bands that will not ship for several weeks from the online store, such as the Gold/Royal Blue Woven Nylon band and the Yellow Apple Watch Sport band, are immediately available in Apple retail stores across the country. There are some bands, like the 38mm Scuba Blue and Gold/Red Woven Nylon, that appear to be in shorter supply and are not available at most stores.

The Woven Nylon bands, available for $49 in Gold/Red, Gold/Royal Blue, Royal Blue, Pink, Pearl, Scuba Blue, and Black, are a new product line that just debuted this week. Apple has also updated the Sport Band, Modern Buckle, Leather Loop, and Classic Buckle with new spring color choices and introduced a new Black Milanese Loop.

Article Link: New Apple Watch Bands Now Available for Personal Pickup

05barbs

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2016
United Kingdom
The premium straps no longer come with the white plastic storage / presentation box. Where am I supposed to keep a £129 strap when I'm not using it! I won't be buying any more straps unless I can find a display / storage box for them!

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
I think a Nylon band will be bought at someone point as in the hot summer it may be more comfortable than the rubber.

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
For the people in this market, I'm genuinely glad for them. I have no desire to diminish any excitement they have for this.

As for me, having bought my first iPhone on June 29, 2007, currently owning an iPod Hi-Fi and loving it, having owned and enjoyed the Mighty Mouse, still kicking it with my .mac email address, even occasionally firing up my pre-Intel Mac Pro tower of power, and using my Apple Watch to track my daily run, I simply cannot muster even a scintilla of interest in watch band announcements. For me, there is nothing Apple about watch bands. Nothing. I hate to say it, but I hope they aren't a source of revenue or marketing or goodwill for Apple - I want selfishly for Apple to look for revenue and marketing and goodwill in Tech, not bracelets.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
50 bucks?! LOL... how does anyone justify that price?! Looks like Apple consumers will pay any price just to have the apple name on it, even if its just a piece of rubber, haha.

My guess is that a lot of Apple customers have decent jobs, allowing them to purchase an additional band simply because they want one. No other "justification" is needed.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Fwiw my black nylon 42 had a ship date of six weeks which then dropped in a day to three weeks and arrived yesterday two days after the release /order.

Also I posted a thread about the new band but I have to say with a $50 price drop and the fact that you can now get a band with the watch which is more acceptable for all walks of life and not just the gym the value of purchasing the Apple Watch is probably up to 35%. If I look at what I paid for the watch and I knew I would have to buy another band because the rubber one that comes with it is just trashy looking than I paid over $100 more than your average person would have to today

I would think that this is in response to the numerous or watches coming out and the fact that every Single watch coming out has the same kind of rubber band Apple needs to separate themselves. I overall think that the band is very very nice it's super comfortable for me personally and it should fit all wrist size is relatively well

I llive in Arizona where it's extremely hot in summer and a band like this was sorely needed. For the blackwatch with the black nylon band it could easily be used wearing a suit or going to the gym unlike any other apple Band made which is basically limited to one maybe two market segments this one can cover the spectrum it's a shame it took them so long to get a good watchband out at a reasonable price but I don't really hate the $50 price tag now that I have one in hand it seems a much better value than $50 for the rubber ones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.