New Audi Allroad Concept

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jan 10, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... me like. ;)

I'm still lovin' Audi's new grille, supremely elegant, especially in this application.

I would've liked to have seen more plastic on the bumpers and wheelarches though to differentiate it more from the A6 Avant range, but also because of it's functionality off road.

rinky dink link

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    yuck! hate to say it (esp. after you just said how much you liked it) but i hate their new grill. they arent a bugatti. :rolleyes:
  3. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I quite like the grille but the rest of the car is just 'blah'

Mum's about to give up her TT and was looking at an A4 since she likes the Audi build and quattro driving but we went to see it while I was up at Christmas and the rest of the car just doesn't say anything at all...
  4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    but they are Auto Union... (it's an inverted AU grille) ;)

it's a bit of a shame that MG Rover has seen fit to rip it for it's luxo 75 though.. :(
  5. kettle macrumors 65816

May 12, 2002
    England, Great Britain (Airstrip One)
    It puts me in mind of that "ant hill mop" looking Chrysler.

I imagine ZZTop would drive a PT Cruiser if it had rear wheel drive and fatter tyres. :)

The audi seems to loose something as I move from the grill around to the sides.

good for tailgating ;)
  6. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    the back has a bit of the porsche cayenne going on about it. especially in the exhausts. looks nice though.
  7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    It shares the same platform doesn't it? The one used for the Toureg and the Cayenne?
  8. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    Nah. I don't dig it.
    Looks like it's on steroids.
    And how much does that grille cost to replace when you do some "New York parking"? :eek:
  9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    nope that's the Pikes Peak, this is based on the new A6.
  10. takao macrumors 68040

Dec 25, 2003
    Dornbirn (Austria)
    i wonder wher they gonna out the number plate in the front ;)
    i really like the new grill but i gotta agree more plastic should have been used ...

the rest looks like audi design as usual ... not the most fashionable but still very good
  11. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    i think it looks great, sharp clean design as per usual from audi as of late. gets the thumbs up from me.
  12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Meh, I 'd much rather have an S6 Avant.

But the new grille fits this car better than some of the other new Audis. And it's better than getting an SUV for sure.
  13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Now that sir is a very valid point... ;) I presume they're maybe considering a similar position to the new A6. I can't imagine Audi wanting a bike shaped plate like the solution Mitsubishi uses on some Lancer Evolution models.

More plastic would have made it more purposeful as well as functional. I think they found a happy medium on the previous Allroad, and it's kind of a shame that this concept doesn't feature a similar solution.