New Batman Begins Trailer

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deefuzz, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Apparently the new Batman Begins trailer is being shown currently in select screenings of Blade: Trinity. It wasn't supposed to hit the official site until next week I believe, but found it for viewing here:

http://www.mymovies.net/player/play.asp?TRID=800|1592&filmid=800&sec=trailers&comingsoon=true

Good luck with it, it was deathly slow for me, but well worth the wait! :)

I'm looking forward to this movie!

Just thought I would share that with you all...enjoy

2. palusami macrumors regular

palusami

thx for the link. i just watched it. looks very cool. i'm interested in seeing how christian bale works out as batman. i loved in him american psycho and think/hope he can bring a lot to the batman character.

3. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this different from the trailer that's been available through the apple site for weeks now? :confused:

4. panphage macrumors 6502

Well, that was quick. The links on the "Full Trailer" page are gone now.

5. palusami macrumors regular

palusami

not sure if you clicked "full trailer". it has much more film footage than the first teaser trailer. lots of stuff from his formal training to him kickin' a$$!

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A cool trailer, the QuickTime version is by far superior. It seems like there are going to be a good crop of movies coming out in Summer 2005.

7. adoctorseuss macrumors newbie

8. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

9. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

10. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yes!
    Finally, a Batman movie that isn't going to be ruined by a retard like Joel Schumacher!

It's actually good to have a DARK movie about the dark knight, instead of some psychodelic acid laced lump of crap disguised as a movie. Schumacher totally ruined the old batman movies when he took the helm after batman returns

11. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

12. palusami macrumors regular

palusami

13. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully it can salvage and resurrect the franchise after Joel Schumacher defiled it. Batman (1989) is still my favorite of all the Batman movies, and although I didn't like Batman Returns at the time, (darker, yet not as good story as the first), compared to the next two atrocities, it was great! Hopefully this one ranks right up there as well...

14. urban1985_ macrumors regular

I just saw it today in the preview reel for Ocean's Twelve (which was pretty good, by the way). FINALLY, the Batman series returns to its darker roots. At least it seems this way from the trailer. They've got Liam Neeson in what seems to be Bruce Wayne's early mentor. I think Neeson's a great actor, same goes for Christian Bale. The series has just gone TOO Hollywood since Batman Returns. All special effects and eye candy, less substance.

The preview for Begins showed little flash, just the typical fight scenes, explosions. No Mr. Freeze or whatever hulking villain. Looks gritty and dark. :)

15. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

the batmobile?

I still think michael keaton's batmobile was the smoothest of the bunch, but this doesn't look bad.

kinda like it ate a f117 stealth fighter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I still remember when the Batman Begins website first came up, no one knew what the hell it was about, and those were the first pics posted - my first thoughts were, "THAT'S the Batmobile?!?", and, "This is going to be one cool movie..." :cool:

Yah, Michael Keaton's Batmobile is still my favorite as well...

17. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I saw that Batmobile in real life at the Magic trade show in Vegas this August.

It's ah........not so impressive in person, to say the least.

But still, as a huge Batman (Tim Burton's/M.Keaton's/Jack Nicholson's) I'm much looking foward to Begins.

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, it does look rather, um, awkward. But cool in it's own way. ;)

Looking forward to the flick as well - should be a good spring/summer for movies in 2005... :cool:

19. Deefuzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I took a trip to Chicago this past summer to do the tourist thing with my folks. We stayed at the Hyatt which was right alongside the Chicago river, about a block over from Michigan avenue.

One night we got back from dinner, I think it was our last night there, so I was in the lobby of our hotel checking out the giftshop to buy some souveniers for my coworkers. My parents come running in the gift shop saying that they are filming a scene from the new Batman movie outside.

So I give the clerk my hard earned cash for 12 identical keepsakes that say "Chicago" on them somewhere and follow my parents out into the street. Sure enough there are people everywhere. Spotlights shining on a bridge over the Chicago river and some shining from down on the riverbank itself.

The assistantss kept yelling at everyone to move back, but we could barely see from where we were standing anyways, and no one really paid the assistants any mind at all. Chicago's finest told us we were fine where we were at so we stayed. Eventually we saw the action begin, they were filming a chase scene, as we seen a van with a camera attached to a pole sticking out in front of it following behind the Batmobile screaming down the street after some car. Then the cars that were set up on the street would be set back to their original positions and they would film the scene again. Then they added a helicopter to the mix.

It was exciting! Just seeing that picture of the Batmobile reminded me of this story, and just thought I would share. Never been around to see a scene of a movie filmed before!

20. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

That's a really cool story.

With all the time in NYC that I've spent, I have never seen a movie being filmed. I can't imagine seeing a chase seen being filmed....with that crazy Batmobile to boot!

When I saw the Batmobile in Vegas, it was sitting in Jay-Z's Rocawear booth.

:confused: