I posted earlier because I thought I needed a new battery, but now I am not so sure. I am about to leave my computer and the country for about 5 months. My grandma is giving me her old 1st gen iPod, which I though had a dead battery. It does work when I hook it up to my computer and after about 5 minutes I could disconnect it and get the light to come on. However, the iPod does not respond by hooking up to the charger. Do I just need a new charger? I can't be craging my iPod via firewire when I'm gone because I won't have a computer. Also, if I do replace the battery will I lose all of the songs on it? I'm leaving at 8am tomorrow so I am frantic... please help!